We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
As an Infrastructure Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from engineers who have worked with the likes of Google, JetBrains, Yandex, Atlassian, Amazon, Facebook, and other popular technology houses from all over the world. You will get the opportunity to learn and apply best-practice software engineering, focused on strong software engineering fundamentals and pragmatism.
This will be perfect for you if you:
- Are currently within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, at any stage in your PhD, or have completed software engineering/web development certifications
- Are comfortable coding in Python
- Have knowledge of cloud architecture concepts
- Are familiar with version control concepts (we're using Git!)
- Are familiar with different testing principles
- Have strong Computing and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the desire to learn and grow as a technologist in the infrastructure space
- Have less than a year of full-time software engineering experience excluding internships
- Are available to join a 12-week internship program from 6 December 2021 to 25 February 2022
It would be awesome if you also have:
- AWS or Google Cloud experience
- Experience working with databases - SQL and/or NoSQL is fine!
Unfortunately, Canva does not sponsor immigration visas for internships at this time.
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
If you're about to graduate and seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world’s premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.