Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
Canva’s People Group has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community. As we continue to grow, we are looking for experienced senior People Partners (HR Business Partners) to join our global People Partnering team and help elevate our User Voice Group.
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with your People Group peers and User Voice Specialty leads to coach, navigate and solve problems, and develop and launch programs that support all Canvanauts to be successful. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting teams to scale optimally. You’ll be an HR enabler who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You know that meeting the business where it's at, building exceptional foundations and positive relationships is the key to ensuring those high impact, highly strategic pieces of work land with positive impact at scale.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
- Help build an exceptional people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, and inclusive organisation design; whilst contributing your outstanding insights from an HR perspective
- Be a strategic member of your client group leadership teams and a trusted advisor to the Group Leads; guiding and coaching leaders on the full gamut of challenges and opportunities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and across multiple Groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business opportunities and challenges we’re working to solve; design & deliver tailored people strategies & solutions that both scale and enable them to achieve Crazy Big Goals
- Work with your leads to build highly engaged and effective teams, partnering with them on key priorities such as team effectiveness, growth and impact, leadership development, talent management, organisation design, Canvanauts planning and cultivating culture.
- Support international expansion efforts
- Build critical context within your group and, working with your People Group and CoE peers, be "the voice of the business" in the design phase of Canva-wide talent programs.
- Facilitate and build leadership capability around cyclical people programs, such as Impact, growth & development, and compensation reviews
- Extensive experience in the people & culture space as a People Partner
- Background working with tech startups or in hyper growth and scaling environments
- Experienced and skilled at working with and influencing a wide range of partners, including senior leaders, team leads & coaches, as well as other People teams
- A natural coaching attitude and approach, as well as an excellent understanding of HR programs including performance management, leadership development, organisational design & development, talent management, and employee relations.
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise a lot of information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- Incredible organisation skills, a high degree of judgement and ability to juggle a diverse range of priorities
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things end to end; whatever the job calls for!
- Progressive, innovative and passionate about developing extraordinary people and organisations
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.