We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the role, team & you
As Canva’s Head of Social Media for the US & Canada, you’ll lead a rapidly growing team tasked with bringing our global social media strategies to life with local flair and in a way that reinforces our brand and values, and showcases the stories of our community and team. You’ll be an integral part of the US & Canada marketing leadership team, working closely with peers across brand marketing, creative, PR & Comms, growth marketing and more to drive awareness, adoption and affinity across our 65+ million users.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker and storyteller who can build impactful programs for the US and Canada markets that can ultimately be scaled globally; as well as translate our company-wide go to market initiatives into actionable social media marketing plans across our core audiences of B2B, Consumer and Education.
- You’ll live and breathe social and cultural trends and be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to social platforms, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, brands, tools and social insights.
- You have an analytical mindset and the ability to empathise with our customers and vast communities.
- You have excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- You’ll be a motivated self-starter with the ability to drive stakeholder collaboration and be a key contributor to Canva’s global mission to empower the world to design and do the most good possible.
- You’ll be a creative and strategic storyteller with experience executing across all social media platforms. You’ll be a risk-taker, embrace experimenting with new ideas, thrive in ambiguity and love big challenges.
- Most importantly you will be a strong leader and empower a team of social media specialists to do the best work of their lives at Canva. You’ll be responsible for leading, nurturing and building the social media team for the US & Canada.
What you'll do
- Build and scale our global social media strategy to drive awareness and affinity for the Canva brand.
- Work cross functionally with other marketing teams within Canva to deliver a clear voice across all marketing channels.
- Understand and analyse community, cultural, entertainment and market trends to inform strategic and creative content development and deliver best in class content.
- Establish scalable operations and processes, to allow Canva to scale and distribute our social media strategy globally.
- Manage external agencies and publishing partners in international markets.
- Build and coach a team of social media managers with a focus on empowering them to grow and develop their skills.
- Understand Canva’s brand and bring new and innovative ways to bring that to life on our social media channels.
Who you'll be
- 7-10+ years experience managing and scaling social media globally. Past work with a global brand is a must.
- A passion for building engaged and inclusive social communities.
- Working knowledge of building inspiring, impactful and scalable social media content, campaigns and channels.
- Past experience working across both B2B and B2C plans
- A strategic thinker who can deliver from plan through to execution.
- Strong at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects.
- Ability to manage and build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- A love for data and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery.
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous annual and parental leave policies
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.