We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Role
The People Team’s mission is to create the most effective and engaged company in the world. The People Experience team is responsible for designing, building and implementing inclusive people experiences globally that enable everyone to thrive and make an impact. You will lead the People Experience team composed of Internal Coaching, Learning & Development, Impact Experience, Employee Engagement and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This role will be responsible for redefining what an inclusive global people experience looks like at Canva, shaping the future for all Canvanauts from onboarding to offboarding. Working across teams to align, design, measure and connect experiences into meaningful journeys and peak moments, you will demonstrate the capability, presence and reach to help build a best-in-class People Experience function that will stand up globally as Canva rapidly scales.
What You’ll Do:
- Not just be a part of the story, but help to write it: In this role you will have overall leadership across the design and delivery of many of Canva’s most impactful projects: People Experience, Employee Engagement Surveys, Performance (Impact Experience), Diversity and Inclusion, and our Learning and Development initiatives to help our employees scale Canva while doing their best work of their lives.
- Curate the development of Canva's future leaders: You will work closely with Canva's leadership to design and embed inclusive leadership development programs.
- Shape the workforce that will positively impact millions: You will oversee the ongoing development and implementation of a world-class Learning and Development strategy, catering for a rapidly growing and diverse workforce.
- Help us be a true celebration of diversity: Set direction for and track the efficiency of DEI programs and initiatives across Canva to help us diversify our workforce and be a place where everyone can thrive, building a community internal and externally around inclusion.
- Build the best team: People and their experiences are the heart of Canva and you will lead all aspects of the growth and development of the team, while helping to scale the team at Canva needed to achieve our big crazy goals.
Goals for the first 12 months:
- Map out the Employee Lifecycle journey, working closely with People Partnering, Talent Acquisition, our Business Systems team, People Operations and a range of other key partners.
- Evolve employee moments and learning journeys across the globe to ensure all employees at Canva can be themselves and thrive.
- Develop effective ways to further embed and measure our DEI initiatives across Canva.
- Reimagine an outstanding global onboarding experience.
- Build learning solution pathways on inclusive leadership development.
Who you’ll be:
- Extensive experience crafting and designing employee experience agendas in global organisations in a company of 5,000+ people.
- Successfully scaled a growing global workforce and led and rallied others behind a vision and building a high performing team.
- Outstanding knowledge of emerging trends in learning and development and employee engagement including new approaches to learning, engagement and personalisation in a hybrid work environment.
- Demonstrated history in advising and creating meaningful impact through Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs and initiatives.
- An active learner and love nothing more than to constantly explore new ideas and concepts from a range of diverse resources.
- A proactive approach to identifying and recommending the application of new practices.
- Prior experience in developing and leading robust teams with measurable and successful output.
- Experience in a SaaS or heavily technology enabled business.
- Proven ability to build partner relationships and work collaboratively.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.