Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Digital Design team
Digital Design’s mission is to unify brand and product into delightful, inspiring digital experiences, to achieve our company mission of empowering the world to design.
Digital designers help connect our Brand/Marketing, Product and Growth. Working on top of the funnel acquisition channels you’ll design pages viewed by millions, globally. This is an incredible opportunity to build brand awareness across digital touchpoints, and contribute directly to our MAU and revenue goals. Experiences we design are some of the first touchpoints users have with our brand and product;
Digital designers are responsible for delivering beautiful, and impactful digital experiences that meet our user’s needs and drives adoption across channels including website, SEO pages, Performance Marketing landing pages, through to nurturing users across Lifecycle Marketing. That may involve a wide range of tasks such as ideation and concepting new or improvements to current web experiences, writing digital strategies and vision decks, creating wireframes, visual designs, prototype, interactions, and more.
About the group you’ll be joining
Canva’s Growth Marketing Group has a big mission to grow, engage and retain Canva users across the funnel and stages of their lifecycle. Our success is in scaling our marketing efforts globally to drive sustainable revenue and user growth by moving users down the funnel.
As a Subscription Squad Designer, you’ll sit in the Teams, Subscriptions & Marketing (TSM). You’ll have the exciting opportunity to design top of the funnel experiences and journeys on Canva’s website to help users discover the breadth of Canva’s offering and help them find the right Canva plan all while providing the best user experience all the way through. Our pages reach millions of users across the world, and are some of the first touchpoints our users have with our brand and product.
What you’ll do
- Discovery — Contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows, and help define the problem and solutions.
- Definition — Translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
- Visual design — Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
- Implementation — Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- Iteration — Iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- Design at scale — keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- A designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, a strong understanding in user behavior and how to drive conversion. You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users. You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important. You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge.
- You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions. You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.