We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Role
Canva’s People Team mission is to create the most effective and engaged company in the world. The Head of HR will lead and grow teams across People Partnering, People Operations, Projects and Compliance, and Shared Services.. You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, collaborating across the People Team and with all Super Group and Speciality Leads to deliver our foundational goals. You’ll be passionate about people, progressive with how you think about the challenges of scaling, and bring innovative and creative solutions to the table to supercharge global growth.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate the smooth scaling of Canva from 2,000 employees to 10,000+ employees in the next 4 years
- Development and successful implementation of a comprehensive HR Operations strategy that aligns with Canva’s overall mission.
- Build a HR operating model that supports rapid global expansion, minimises complexity, and delivers a friction-free Canvanaut experience.
- Leading and aligning an amazing and diverse team of 50+ globally (and growing) to achieve Crazy Big Goals
- Scaling your impact through leading leaders; building and leading a People leadership team with future potential for growth & aligned with Canva’s values to deliver on the mission and strategy.
- Support business plans for rapid global growth via organic new country expansion and any M&A integrations
- Use data in the most effective way to generate insights our teams can use across our people strategies programs.
- Build the vision, strategy and roadmap for the teams of People Partnering, People Operations, Projects and Compliance and Shared Services Teams to support Canva through our next huge phase of growth.
- Work with Canva’s IT Group to identify and scope outstanding tech tooling and systems across the functions.
Who you’ll be:
- 15+ years experience leading innovative, growing, global HR organisations in a company of 5,000+ people.
- Effectively scaled a growing global workforce and lead and rallied others behind a vision and building a robust team
- Proven ability to see the “broad picture” and operate strategically across all functions. You have a phenomenal blend of hands-on operational and design/strategy experience and have a deep understanding of strategic HR Management.
- Constantly thinking about the future and seeing what’s ahead, spotting opportunities to take us to the next level as well as the road bumps. You can synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- An active learner and love nothing more than to constantly explore new ideas and concepts from a range of diverse resources
- Proficient in modern people strategies, and talent development. Ideally, you have implemented or worked with these for a period of time at a dynamic organisation.
- Data informed and results focussed. Prior experience with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.