Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Smartmockups lets you visualize your digital and print projects in real life situations. With our user-friendly web tool everyone can create stunning product mockups within just a few seconds, without using Photoshop and without any skills. Since 2021 we are really proud that we are part of the Canva family! About The Product Design Team One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As Designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a Product Designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design. Our current Smartmockups Product Design team is a “one-man show” and we need another Product Designer to join our Product Design team. There is a very active cooperation between another Product Designers, Brand teams in Canva and also with engineers, etc. but this position is more crafted for someone who enjoys collaboration and who is not afraid of pushing things towards common goals.
What We Look For:
- You have experience designing, shipping and iterating on multiple complex digital products/features; leading and owning the end-to-end Product Design process.
- You are working in Product Design field 5 + years or so
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products and responsive websites
- You are a Designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes (Lo-Fi, Hi-Fi) that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other Designers, software engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You have knowledge of design systems
- You are data-driven (we have data about our users)
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work, but you can also easily manage your time and prioritize
- We are looking for someone who would also help with Marketing materials from 10% of work time - but priority is always Product Design
What kind of tools is a must to have:
- Figma (FigJam)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
What will be plus:
- You have some experience with Motion design too (e.g. Adobe After Effect or so)
- You have experience with graphic design (e.g. creating brand stuff) not just UI design Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS or DEV technologies (communication with engineers)
- Jira, Slack, Confluence
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home).
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.