Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the role
We’re looking for insightful data analysts who can help us achieve our mission.
We're looking for self-motivated individuals who are curious about our product and our users, and who are excited to seek out valuable insights. We don’t want you to just be a resource that answers questions - we want you to act as a genuine data partner with your team and the broader business. We have a LOT of data and need people who can use their skills to help us make the most of it!
About the group
Our Product Growth Supergroup exists to drive Canva’s user & revenue growth through product-led growth strategies that demonstrate the full value of Canva’s products to our users.
We are responsible for the overall revenue growth from our business customers, by driving adoption of our subscription products: Canva Pro & Enterprise.
Growing our adoption and expansion in teams & businesses of all sizes is a core company strategy for Canva. Our group is doubling down on our premium teams products and new product initiatives for businesses, as well as building up a high-performing cross-functional GTM organisation consisting of Product, Growth, Marketing, Sales, Data & more, to supercharge our growth.
A key pillar of our GTM engine is our Product-led Sales motion. This is a data & product-led sales customer acquisition strategy that complements our successful self-serve engine, by offering a layer of low-touch human support via our team of Product Advocates.
Our goal is to assist paid teams in small and medium businesses to onboard and rapidly experience success on Canva through a combination of low-touch conversion tactics, such as in-product chat, demos & webinars.
Canva already counts many active users from over 85% of Fortune 1000 companies amongst our 80 million+ MAUs, and has over 5 million paid subscriptions. These numbers are growing rapidly every day, so we have a huge opportunity in front of us to build a world-class product-led sales motion that generates hundreds of millions of dollars in subscription revenue.
- This role will rely on your particular strengths in building out data-driven decisions, communicating closely with stakeholders, and maintaining a highly proactive attitude.
- Coach a small team of 1-2 Data Analysts.
- Find insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks.
- Suggest and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph.
- Build and maintain dashboards and make them impactful and intuitive.
- Own projects, data models, dashboards, and other artifacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hypergrowth environment.
- Use our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!).
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management skills are vital in this role.
- Experience with optimising product funnels, running experiments, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes.
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R.
Preferred (but not required) Skills & Experience
- Experience building and deriving insights from data models relating to organisations, teams and user interactions / product behaviour.
- Experience working with subscription-based data sets. It would be desirable to have experience with collaborative products as well.
- Experience in B2B or Product Led Sales, working with tools such as Salesforce and working with teams across Sales, SalesOps, Customer Success, Support, Finance.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.