We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team:
Our Head of International Growth & Operations will be responsible for driving the next phase of Canva’s MAU and revenue growth reporting to the founders and COO.
The Head of International Growth & Operations will achieve the extraordinary through exceptional collaboration with company leadership, and have the courage to seize opportunities through deploying capital towards growth.
About the role:
- Be a key driver in growing Canva to XBillion MAU’s globally;
- Build a values aligned organization that ambitiously pursues crazy big goals;
- Collaborate with the founders and leadership team in setting and driving our international organizational vision and go-to-market strategy;
- Turn this strategy into actionable goals, hiring plans, budgets and performance measures;
- Implement regional goal setting and operational planning owning region/country specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs;
- Build and nurture trusted relationships with HQ and regions;
- Work with functional leaders (marketing, content, community & sales) to create playbooks and a centralised knowledge hub to ensure top down efficiency;
- Build a team of world class regional GMs to ensure Canva employees and customers everywhere thrive;
- Collaboration with marketing to lead Canva’s brand expansion in new markets through channels and partnerships.
Goals in the first 12 months
- Drive exponential MAU growth beyond our current trajectory in markets outside the US & Australia;
- Build our local teams that include marketing, community, support, content and sales that will acquire new customers, grow local communities and scale GTM functions;
- Ensure GTM strategies launched are consistent with Canva culture, values and drive valuable user growth, engagement and revenue;
- Assess and prioritise Canva’s new region opportunities and develop a playbook for international expansion;
- Build an international launch roadmap in collaboration with senior leaders;
- Set the milestones, remove roadblocks and ensure we have the right teams and leaders on the ground within each region, including central support from HQ;
- Set and monitor budgets to ensure we are scaling as fast as possible but not wasting money;
- Launch new regions, developing teams on the ground and setting up the right operational model for each market;
- Partner with marketing to lead the brand expansion into new markets.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated success scaling a fast growing tech company internationally, including building out on the ground operations;
- Demonstrated data driven leadership at scale to set growth strategy and deliver results;
- Ability to be ambitious and effectively plan and deploy capital and operations to achieve growth;
- Strong experience effectively working within a Hub model (CEO, COO, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal & Compliance);
- Demonstrated creativity;
- Realization of a variety of strategic growth projects, from idea to the realization, in close cooperation with founders and senior leaders;
- Exceptional leadership and cultural awareness skills that enable you to liaise and build relationships with stakeholders in any market;
- Resilient team player and developer of world class leaders with the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed and able to take ownership of ambiguous tasks to ensure success.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.