We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
Canva’s Marketplace team aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library that offers our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing content, but also help pave the way for the future of our element library.
What you'll do...
- Work with direction from Creative Director to make creative briefs for weekly production
- Researching relevant content and styles and apply that research to creative briefs
- Proof weekly element production
- Inhouse content creation
The Illustrator that we’re looking for...
- Has an eye for current aesthetic trends, and understands how popular culture works and shapes society’s visual language;
- Has a strong stylistic approach. Beyond trends, the Illustrator should have a strong foundation in what makes a good illustration or animation, based on design principles and elements;
- Understands user thinking and interaction to improve usability;
- Efficiently delivers output, maintains cadences, if not streamlining processes.
- Direct visual improvement and establish the quality bar high for the team
- Efficiently communicates and articulates ideas
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve processes.
You’ll love this role if / Skills experience required...
- You have a strong understanding of what makes a good illustration or animation based on design fundamentals, principles, and elements;
- You have a keen understanding of design context-based on visual, cultural, and popular trends;
- You have a strong understanding of the importance of usability of illustrations or animations in a design;
- You have a passion for developing and streamlining processes;
- You are a team player and enjoy collaborative working environments
- You have an enthusiasm to lead and encourage creative processes within a team
Curious to know what it's like to be part of the Elements team? Check out how our designer, takes inspiration from her surroundings and embed her illustrations as part of Canva's cool elements here
Why you'll love it
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- HMO on your day 1
- Health and wellness allowance
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.