Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Canva is an online graphic design platform that creates tools that empower the world to design. Since launching in August 2013, Canva has acquired more than 100 million users, over 700 million uploaded images and 1 billion designs. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
We have an active community of developers and apps partners in our Ecosystem . We are about to open up our platform, so we are building out our Developer Relations team to help us grow Canva’s developer community around the world. As one of our first hires, there is lots of scope and potential impact in shaping this new function.
The core focus of Canva’s Ecosystem Partnerships team is to grow and nurture an abundant community of app developer partners (both strategic and independent), to unlock a diverse array of new apps, integrations, and complementary capabilities for our Canva users.
As a Strategic Partner Manager, you are a relationships builder, cloud technologist and embrace the power of technology ecosystems have to drive growth. You will be responsible for helping to shape and grow the partner manager craft within Canva and own and grow key app partnerships from recruitment to launch and owning growth. You will also be supremely comfortable working closely with the Ecosystem Product, Platform and Enterprise Sales teams to deeply understand our platform API capabilities, strategic goals and also position our solutions effectively and holistically to target organizations.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Drive Partner Ecosystem Growth: The Strategic Partner Manager will be responsible for proactive recruitment of select target Canva partner prospects, leading discussions to evangelize the benefits of partnering with Canva and building more than just an app or integration, but a part of their overall business strategy. The role will work closely with the Ecosystem Partnerships Lead, Ecosystem Product and Marketing, and Canva for Teams groups, on collaborations identifying and filling our most important strategic app ecosystem goals.
- Own the ongoing success of Canva partnership relationships: Once brought into Canva’s partnership ecosystem, the Strategic Partner Manager will own the ongoing success of the relationships, and continue to seek new opportunities for Canva, and the partner, to collaborate more deeply. An example of this would be to drive usage and adoption apps built in Canva, and integrations Canva launches, into third-party ecosystems.The Partnership Manager will also be a primary point of contact for partner inquiries, information requests, and ongoing communication between Canva and our partners.
- Be a cross-functional hero: Strategic Partner Managers must build strong relationships and work across the entire Canva organization to achieve their mission. The successful candidate will communicate directly with Canva’s wider Partnerships team, keep updated on releases from Product, ensure compliance of partners alongside our Legal team, and liaise closely on partner enquiries with our Customer Happiness Team (just to name a few internal stakeholders!).
We're looking for people who are:
- Relationship builder and strong communicator: First and foremost, you thrive in being in front of partners, internal colleagues, and external stakeholders at all levels all the way to the C-Suite, actively building strong relationships with them, ensuring they are successful with Canva. You’ve built this experience with 7+ years in a client-facing role, such as partnerships, technical account management, or product consulting within a technology company. The ideal candidate would have experience in technology or ISV partnerships at a SaaS company.
- Product evangelist, with an aptitude for technology: You’re a champion of Canva’s technology internally and externally, sharing partner feedback to our Ecosystem group, and passing on ideas for improving the product experience with relevant teams across all of Canva. Your passion for all things technology and cloud software means you’re aware of major consumer internet trends, and proactively keep yourself updated on developments in the technology ecosystem. You are aware of what is technically feasible when commiting to partners, understand what is technically impractical, white board ideas to paint a picture of what is possible, and can weigh competing product requests against each other.
- End-to-End deal executor: You’re comfortable not only pitching a solution, but also handling partner objections, and managing decision-processes to get a partnership across the line. You’re able to self-manage deadlines to ensure projects are delivered on time, and key milestones are met.
- Leadership and ownership mentality: You act like an owner, and seek solutions to problems without being asked to do so, then work collaboratively with others to drive outcomes. You have proven ability to lead initiatives from inception to launch and beyond, via self-learning and with minimal oversight. Your colleagues have faith in you to get the job done.
- Strategic thinkerwith strong analytical ability: Instead of jumping on the first opportunity that is presented, you’re able to craft a clear go-to-market strategy that identifies the top growth opportunities for Canva as a whole to achieve its north star user growth and revenue metrics. You’re comfortable with research and data, and use it to inform your approach and validate your position.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.