We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group
The Content and Discovery super-group consists of 5 groups, 30+ teams and 200+ individuals who work together towards two common goals:
To bring every ingredient needed to create any design into Canva’s platform by working with a diverse range of template designers, illustrators, photographers and other content producers. This includes templates, photos, illustrations, videos, audio, graphics and more.
To surface this content strategically to maximise engagement in the Canva platform, and to surface this content selectively through Google to acquire new users searching for design and template solutions. This means building search and discovery features in the app, building SEO marketplaces and scaling these products internationally.
What you'll do
- Create/edit unique and original presentation templates for various themes, and topics.
- Quality assurance - able to understand and follow project briefs to ensure outputs delivered are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability.
- Create design assets to be used in the creation of presentations templates such as Colour Palettes, Font Combinations, Text groups and Illustration sets that help guide users in ensuring their presentations are not only readable but also attractive and engaging.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
- 3-5 years experience in Graphic Design.
- Fluent in English.
- Resident of Spain.
- Available 40 hours per week.
- Has an eye for current aesthetic trends, and a strong stylistic approach.
- Beyond trends, this designer should have a strong foundation in what makes a good design, based on design principles and elements.
- Visualizes various unique design combinations from a set of pre-selected components.
- Understands user thinking and interaction to improve usability.
- Efficiently delivers quality output, maintains cadences, if not streamlining processes.
- Effectively communicates and articulates ideas and challenges/blockers.
- Thinks on their feet and applies learnings and improvement initiatives on the fly.
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve processes.
- Happy to take on board feedback and direction
- (Bonus) comfortable using Canva, Powerpoint and Google Slides
You'll love this role if you...
- You are an experienced graphic designer.
- You have a stylistic approach and strong understanding of what makes a good design based on design fundamentals, principles and elements.
- You have a keen understanding of design context based on visual, cultural, and popular trends.
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content.
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability.
- You can effectively simplify design concepts and articulate ideas and blockers.
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes.
- You are a team-player and enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges.
- Please include your portfolio link in your applications!
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so best to show us your best and most relevant layout works!
- You’re a hustler! While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcome.
- As part of the application process, you will be required to undertake a short at-home challenge.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.