We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 400 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
The road to creating stunningly beautiful content begins with a single template, but the journey is made faster with the help of perfect and easily customizable designs that empower users to create the content they need.
Canva’s Business Team is an integral part of the Smart Design team. Its mission is to create gorgeous, high-quality business templates to fulfill a user’s need and to become the go-to place for all things related to business.
What you’ll do...
- Quality assurance and vendor coordination - create and communicate project briefs to partner vendors and effectively provide feedback to ensure outputs delivered are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability
- Create/edit unique and original business templates for various themes, and topics
- Create design assets to be used in the creation of business templates such as Colour Palettes, Font Combinations, Text groups and Illustration sets that help guide users in ensuring their business templates are not only readable but also attractive and engaging
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer who…
- Has an eye for current aesthetic trends, and understands how popular culture works and shapes society’s visual language
- Has a strong stylistic approach. Beyond trends, this designer should have a strong foundation in what makes a good design, based on design principles and elements
- Visualizes various unique design combinations from a set of pre-selected components
- Understands user thinking and interaction to improve usability
- Efficiently delivers output, maintains cadences, if not streamlining processes
- Exhibits diligence in delivering output whether through design or quality assurance
- Effectively communicates and articulates ideas and challenges/blockers
- Thinks on their feet and applies learnings and improvement initiatives on the fly
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve processes
You’ll love this role if…
- You are experienced in creating project briefs and managing design work from vendors or designers
- You have a stylistic approach and strong understanding of what makes a good design based on design fundamentals, principles and elements
- You have a keen understanding of design context based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability
- You can effectively simplify design concepts and articulate ideas and blockers
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You are a team-player and enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
Please include your portfolio link in your applications!
What you'll love at Canva...
- HMO with 2 Dependents on Day 1
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Professional educational allowance - we care about your growth
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Competencies for success..
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so best to show us your best and most relevant layout works!
- You’re a hustler! While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcome.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.