We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Team
Canva Print allows users to easily discover, configure, preview and play with tailored print products on any device, anywhere in the world. It’s one of Canva’s top revenue generating features and is growing massively.
The Print Product Squad is primarily responsible for empowering users to easily discover tailored print products by covering every print opportunity with relevant designs.
What you'll do...
- Learn how to create beautiful and usable templates on Canva
- Learn how to strategize based on research and data
- Learn more about layout designing hacks, tips, and other helpful information
- Learn how to come up with creative solutions to user needs
- Experience how people who work in a great place and have a great culture work
What we're looking for...
- Must be experienced in layout design as the design tasks will mostly involve that
- Must know how to spot improvements on a template - this is very important for reviews, polishing, and resizing
- Designing on Canva is very different from designing in other design programs, having a bit of knowledge about it will help the intern understand our tasks more
- Must be a quick learner and adapt easily to Canva’s fast paced environment
- Must have a good understanding and relationship with feedback
- Must have the confidence to try new things and a passion for big ideas
- Must be able to collaborate with teams
What you'll learn...
- The importance of feedback and collaboration to bring out everyone’s best work. They will be given feedback to aid in their development as well as be asked for feedback by their teammates.
- How to pull insights from research to ensure that their designs are not only aesthetically pleasing, but also serves its audience and purpose. They will encounter this in every campaign research stage and brainstorming with the team.
- How to be flexible and try new things. We have multiple product launches in a season so designing for each campaign is always a new challenge and perspective.
- Honing their eye for layout design by creating templates and addressing feedback from their team.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.