We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Team
You’ll be working with us, the i18n Templates Team.
The vision for i18n Templates is to provide Truly Local templates for users of Canva around the world.
Our mission is to make Canva the go-to place for everyone’s design needs not only by creating thousands of templates anyone can customize, but also by ensuring that our collection is the best out there. We don’t just want to make regular templates: we’re adding special behaviour and features to these templates to make them easier for users. Also, we want to ensure all international templates meet excellent quality criteria by creating standards and processes that encompass both cultural relevance and Canva design principles.
What you'll do...
- Collaborate with senior designers, marketers, and key stakeholders to take conceptual ideas and turn them into project and campaign deliverables
- Be part of the different stages of the campaign for design research to template creation
- Participate in design critiques, providing feedback to other designers, and presenting your own work
- Identify opportunities for layout and template creation that require visual upgrades and through inspection of our library and user feedback.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation, adhoc design projects, and process improvement.
What we're looking for...
- You have a stylistic approach and a strong understanding of what makes a good design based on design fundamentals, principles, and elements
- You have a keen understanding of design context-based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability
- You can effectively simplify design concepts and articulate ideas and blockers
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
What you'll learn...
- Learn more about layout designing hacks, tips, and other helpful information
- Learn how to create a beautiful and usable template in Canva
- Experience how people who work in a great place and have a great culture work
- Practice communication skills with opportunities to present ideas and projects to the team
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.