We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Strategic Sourcing is Canva’s sourcing organization that exists within Team Spend. Team Spend is composed of Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing and Shared Shared Services - Accounts Payable and Expense & Travel. Team Spend came together to upgrade Canva’s spending experience for both internal and external stakeholders. Our Mission is to empower Canvanauts to focus on their impact by providing the most Efficient and Frictionless Spend Experience.
Your grit and ability to realize the seemingly unachievable has been the theme of your career as you tackle bigger and more complex problems as opportunity is given to you. You thrive in the grey area and the unknown where your ability to ask the right questions and leverage the resources around you informs a highly reasoned, thought out strategy. Your passion for what you do creates network effects to rally others around you on a common mission. The fulfillment you feel from achievements from those you have led and mentored is substantially larger than accomplishing those achievements yourself. You love to be challenged, to collaborate, to think outside the box - always 2 steps ahead of what seems predictably in front of you.
What you'll do:
- Build and lead the GTM Sourcing function across people, strategy, and execution
- Develop a category strategy based on market research & analysis, data collection/management, cost modeling, RFx strategy development, RFx creation and management, negotiations, contracting, and supplier performance management
- Drive change in Strategic Sourcing as a trusted advisor for supplier management, negotiations, and supplier business reviews
- As a lead in the Strategic Sourcing organization, monitors team performance with key metrics, designs and supports efficient and effective Sourcing processes and reporting, and partners with the Procure to Pay team to maintain all relevant supplier data to drive compliance and results
- Support the execution of spend management projects that accomplish key objectives. Those objectives may include savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved visibility & control of expenditures
- Effectively partner with FP&A teams to align broader impact that the Finance organization can have on Canva’s growth
Project's that you get to dive straight into:
- Effectively engage with the business to build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and a predictable process and framework for ongoing Procurement support
- Create a brand for the team through discovery, interaction, and education of your value prop creating consistent pipeline of negotiated contracts that engage sourcing at optimized points of the deal flow
- Deliver meaningful savings and risk mitigation through effective negotiations, supplier management, and partnering in the business that creates a ripple effect reputationally for the team
What we are looking for:
- You are a Technical expert with solid experience in indirect sourcing and strategic sourcing experience within the Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success categories. You are an experienced, confident negotiator in media buying, creative agency agreements, production, operations and consulting
- People management experience, you inspire others to action by creating an environment where people can do their best work
- Make complex things simple, with excellent communication and presentation skills to assist in decision making that drive impactful many facets of the business
- You are solutions orientated but focus on strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and what needs to be done now without jeopardizing the quality of either - use your quantitative skills for good!
- Able to work under pressure whilst keeping a calm demeanour, you can juggle multiple tasks, people and systems of varying complexities and deadlines
- Comfortable with chaos. You have a passion for efficiency, process improvements, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss
- You are able to adapt to different situations, spot opportunities to help us achieve our crazy big goals
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it!
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.