We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Group and Team
Every month, more than 55 million Canva users create a design in one of the 100 languages other than English that Canva supports. The Global Services group comprises several localisation and internationalisation teams that include linguists, project managers, and engineers distributed throughout the company. Our mission is to ensure that every user has a Canva experience that feels truly local, and to empower all Canvanauts with the tools and best practices they need to go global. This mission involves everything from developing a vision for the global user experience, through solutions architecting for Canva teams looking to take their products global, to maintaining localisation infrastructure roadmaps. If you join us, you’ll be involved in all stages of the development cycle in world-class product and marketing teams.
The GTM (Go-To-Market) team within Global Services works to identify globalization opportunities at scale across product and marketing channels, rolling these insights out efficiently across all of Canva’s groups. As part of the team, you’ll partner with teams to scale globally and utilise key playbooks to do so. You will support the GTM team and Global Services leadership in building and running cadences for cross-cutting company initiatives to drive business foundational goals forward.
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead globalization solutions for Global Services.
- Be an active promoter for this service offering, engaging directly with internal stakeholders to understand their international expansion/localization needs and identifying how Global Services can support.
- Develop industry knowledge and relationships, both internal and external, to help develop the program in order to better support internal stakeholder needs.
- Proactively share subject-matter expertise on operational best practices including local market insights, managing localization operations and external industry leading providers, and help Canva teams resolve their concerns and blockers in optimizing their international strategy.
- You’ve got 3+ years of relevant programme coordination/management experience (and/or Bachelor’s degree in similar field).
- Experience in international growth, localization or consulting.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Attitude - Comfort with ambiguity, you enjoy dealing with uncertain situations and are able to find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction. You are passionate about technology and consumer-internet companies, ideally Canva or design software companies.
- Pragmatic - Your ducks are never going to line up. Things break! Engineering takes longer than expected. People get sick. You wouldn’t use any of these as an excuse. You’d ask yourself, “Given this is true, what would I do? What decisions do I need to make?” You don’t concern yourself with ideals. Instead, you get work done.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - You can get your point across in a clear, concise way that’s easy for anyone to understand. Your attention to detail is flawless.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders - Various specialties, other team members and leaders; resulting in the ability to effectively collaborate with anyone from around the world.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.