We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Team
The Vibe team’s mission is to make Canva the most inspiring, engaged and productive workplace in the world! The Vibe team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love coming to, where every single person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills and is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
Here’s a small taste of some of what the Vibe team does at Canva:
Our internal catering. We provide breakfast and lunch every day to our people globally. Our incredible team of chefs prepare amazing fresh and nutritious meals each day that bring our teams together to bond and share with one another. We even have a farm where we grow our own produce that is delivered daily to the Sydney kitchen squad.
Managing our global construction projects. We will continue to expand into new spaces as we grow. We have offices in Sydney, Manila, Beijing and Austin.
Organising external and internal events and celebrations. We organised more than 100 events in the last twelve months, from a Film Festival themed Season Opener day, to hackathons and numerous offsite days for teams with Canva.
Health and Wellbeing. We promote wellbeing across 5 key domains - Mind, Body, Connection, Meaning and Financial wellbeing and have worked hard to ensure everyone has the right support from Canva in their Health and Wellbeing so they can do the best work of their lives - no matter where they are in the world.
Running our facilities. Keeping our workplaces running efficiently is no small feat. Day-to-day we ensure that the lights are kept on, our spaces are working efficiently, and our team members can sort out any questions or concerns as quickly as possible.
Bring heart to everything we do. As we grow we want to make sure we’re keeping the same philosophies and heart as we did when we were just a few people around a dining table. The Vibe team are key guardians of keeping this goodness as we scale!
About the Role
Creating the most inspiring, engaged and productive workplace in the world is at the heart of the Vibe team’s mission. We do this by curating company focused events and programs, providing a memorable experience to employees and guests at our workplaces and carefully preparing tasty and nutritious meals. The Global Workplace Experience Lead will lead teams that support Workplace Experience, Vibe Programs and Hospitality. You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, driving projects that support our growth as we scale. Leading from Australia and setting the standard there, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of Vibe globally.
We are looking for an expert in shaping workplace experiences that inspire teams to do their best work and meet business objectives. You will be at the heart and soul of the workplace, strategically planting seeds to grow the Canva community while celebrating growth and diversity. You will monitor company-wide engagement and respond by driving workplace experiences that create an inspired culture, to ensure Canva remains one of the best places to work.
What You'll Do:
- Office and Workplace Operations
- Develop programs and policies that provide the biggest impact on our employees and guests from hospitality, events, to employee engagement and the overall experience of the workplace. locally and global.
- Directly lead all aspects of office operations and Vibe workplace services including scaling our programming globally.
- Regularly assess workplace readiness and operations, ensuring that Canva standards are maintained while incorporating appropriate aspects of local culture.
- Own operations and administration of the Vibe Team and proactively look for ways to improve how we work.
- Ownership of expenses and budget for our Australia and New Zealand Office and Team.
- Special Project Management
- Development and successful implementation of a comprehensive operating cadence and administrative processes that align to Group goals.
- Build relationships with partners to best understand their respective businesses and use knowledge gleaned to enhance the employee experience.
- Build & lead a dynamic organisation that delivers memorable employee workplace experiences that promote productivity, efficiency, and peak performance.
- Review all Vibe office operational systems, technology and processes, providing recommendations to partners.
- Create and build playbooks for Vibe’s Workplace & Office Logistics Team that align with Canva’s values to deliver on the mission and strategy.
- Build a full set of financial guardrails for the Vibe Workplace & Office Logistics Team in collaboration with finance and procurement that will provide clarity to the team while empowering them to move quickly with autonomy.
Who you’ll be:
- Demonstrated ability leading workplace experience strategy and operations, or working in a similar role.
- People management and leadership experience. Proven experience to build teams that bring together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression while driving innovation and results.
- Make complex things simple by applying your technical experience, redesigning systems and tools and sharing your expertise with others.
- Strategically focused. You are able to think laterally about problems and opportunities.
- Validated experience to influence and lead expectations with a wide range of partners
- Outstanding communicator - If it’s over Slack, through documentation or presentations. You like to ensure everyone is on the same page and engaged with the results, even under pressure.
- Form relationships with internal and external parties while being an ambassador of Canva’s values.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.