Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
Canva’s Marketplace team aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library that offers our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of the world’s content, utilising a sound content acquisition strategy will serve to scale the content library to support Canva’s growing user base.
The Marketplace Team is on the lookout for a Partnerships Manager to help support growing a large and diverse library of content. With an initial broad approach across graphics, motion, video, photos, and audio the Partnerships Manager will be responsible for leading the relationship with content partners, developing the partnerships strategy, researching the global content library environment, building systems and processes, ensuring end to end partner service and delivering quantity and quality goals to the team. You’ll also be tasked with ensuring content makes it into the library by using your internal network of engineers and administrative support staff to facilitate requests.
Canva is growing fast which means this role will likely grow quickly from partnership management to leading a small team of managers specialised in specific content areas. Experience in building and managing teams although not a prerequisite will strongly support your application.
About the role:
- Contributing to product, creative, and visual design goals via strategic content acquisitions
- Manages partnership activities. Responsible for partner prospecting, proposal customization, presentation, contract revision, partner follow-up, and support
- Balancing creative stakeholder needs with assets that add value to the Canva library and purpose
- Regularly communicating with partners and building incentives to ensure high retention rates
- Managing renewals and negotiations
- Working in parallel with procurement, finance, and legal teams to ensure compliance and commercially favourable outcomes are delivered to Canva
What we're looking for?
- A growth mindset, someone who can identify opportunities and enthusiastically sell the value Canva offers potential partners
- Understands user thinking and combines this with a thorough knowledge of the Canva product
- Is a strong negotiator and knows how to build long lasting relationships with suppliers
- Has a musical background with music licensing and music labels
- Has an eye for current aesthetic trends, and understands how popular culture works and shapes society’s visual language
- Has a strong foundation in what makes a good content, based on design principles and user needs
- Efficiently communicates and articulates ideas across the Canva network
- Proactively engages in team initiatives, can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to build and improve processes
- Leadership experience with the ability to grow high performing teams
- Lives and breathes Canva culture and values
You'll love this role if you:
- Excel at negotiation
- Enjoy business development and building relationships
- Can connect with suppliers from different markets and backgrounds
- Have a keen understanding of design context-based on visual, cultural, and popular trends as well as musical influence on creative
- Have a strong understanding of the importance of usability of content design
- Have a passion for seeking out acquisition targets big and small that fit with company objectives
- Have an eye for detail and can see agreements through to completion
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.