We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
The People Team’s mission is to create the most effective and engaged company in the world. The People Operations and Shared Services teams are responsible for empowering employees through centralised employee support and solutions that are built for scale. Our mission is to create an employee experience where everyone can thrive and make an impact at Canva through; access to timely, accurate and human HR advice; the development and implementation of progressive, employee-centred policies; efficient easy-to-navigate processes and technology that support a world-class people team built on a strong operational foundation.
About the role
The Global Mobility team provides advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for anything travel and global mobility related including visas, relocation and business travel programs.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Specialist to join the team to help Canva execute its people growth strategy by supporting the visa, relocation and travel needs of our team. You’ll be the main point of contact for our internal teams, including Talent Acquisition, People Partners, Finance & Legal, as well as for any external providers that we use.
What You'll Do:
- Provide advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for anything travel and global mobility related.
- Own visas, relocation and business travel programs to ensure travellers have the most seamless and enjoyable experience.
- Provide hands-on support and coordination for large scale programs or events, such as internships, VIP candidates, guests and large group bookings.
- Own the relationship with external platforms and service providers.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of Canva’s travel and global mobility related policies, processes and experiences
- Drive operational excellence, using data to optimiSe and implement improvements.
Who you are:
- Experience working in Immigration and or Global Mobility.
- Experience working in an HR Shared Service function (HR Administration or HRIS Support) that caters to global regions.
- Demonstrated experience working with HRIS Workday, or similar.
- Outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a small team and be responsive to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised, detail oriented, and able to deliver timely results and in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused and collaborative. Key to this role is the ability to listen, prioritise and deliver accurate and speedy results.
- Ability to confidently work with various stakeholders to get things done, and maintain employee confidentiality and data integrity.
- Experience in international HR, creative professional environments and project-based business will be highly regarded.
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfasts and lunches for us each day!
- A Vibe and Thrive allowance that covers personal education, wellbeing, social connections and home office support.
- In house gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe
deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.