Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
We're looking for several Technical Content Writers to join us in our Technical Writing group.
The mission of our group is to Empower Canvanauts by making complex things simple through technical documentation. We want to equip our internal audience with the knowledge and best practices they need to do their best work and to foster a culture of great documentation to help us scale.
You'll team up with other Technical Writers, Engineers and Program Managers to help develop our content for internal audiences. We need people with strong technical writing skills who can work with subject matter experts to produce clear documentation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, create, and maintain technical documentation for internal audiences.
- Work closely with Technical Writers, Engineers, and Designers to enhance our engineering and developer documentation into a world-class resource that developers love to use.
- Improve the documentation based on feedback and support tickets.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the documentation experience.
Required skills and Experience
- Experience working with Markdown and Git.
- Understanding of modern web development frameworks like Gatsby and Next.js.
- Demonstrable ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, communicating with clarity, impact and influence.
- Highly collaborative with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively, organise tasks and manage competing resources and demands.
- Experience writing technical content targeted to software engineers
- Nice to have - Experience with usability testing, card sorting, or other techniques to ensure your work is not just accurate, but also effective for your target audience.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.