We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group and/or team
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves having SEO landing pages so millions of users can discover Canva for their design needs and learn all about our features and products.
To support this goal, we are looking for a content specialist who will work closely with the SEO team as well as with copywriters both in-house and offsite. The role of an SEO Content Specialist is to help create engaging, SEO-optimized copy that informs and converts.
This is a rare opportunity for copywriters looking for the next step in their career, or experienced copy editors looking to take their craft to a product platform.
About the candidate
The Content Specialist provides initiative, direction, and support to build the best template library in the world through one of the most crucial aspects of a design: its content. You'll be working closely with a vibrant and friendly team of SEO researchers and specialists as well as offsite copywriters. This is an opportunity to strategize and develop exceptional ideas from the ground up, influence the product's overall direction, and create fresh, relevant, and usable content for our users.
What you'll do...
- Champion content requirements for landing pages and ensure that all our organic platforms get the attention they need for timely landing page launches .
- Create SEO-optimized and engaging content for our various SEO platforms
- Review copy created by other freelance SEO content writers
You'd love this role if you have...
- Intermediate to professional understanding and work experience in copywriting and copy editing, developing a keen appreciation of local and international writing trends
- Excellent grasp of the English language - technically strong with a flair for either structured or creative style of writing
- Enjoys writing or editing a variety of different topics (from greeting cards to promotional copies, business presentations, creative newsletters and the like)
- Has a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical lapses, and the different nuances of requested topicsIs able to give helpful and constructive feedback as well as coaching to offsite copywriters
We'd love it if you have...
- Knowledge and understanding in SEO is ideal
- Previous background on project management
- A passion for creativity and design is a definite plus!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.