Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 40 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
About the Team
Canva’s payroll team is part of the Finance/Legal group and predominantly based in Australia. We handle payroll across our growing number of Canvanauts worldwide. Our headcount is growing quickly as we continue to scale the business with the finance team alone forecast to double in size in the next year. Our headcount growth comes from Canva entities, as well as through any companies that we acquire globally.
With payroll being one of the most critical functions in Finance, the team has a huge part to play in making Canva one of Australia's best places to work. We strive to ensure every Canvanaut is paid accurately and timely.
About the role
The primary role of the Payroll Assistant will be responsible for supporting the preparation of a growing number of Global payroll processes. Currently the team handles 10 different countries which is a combination of In-house, Outsourced & EOR payrolls. They will be working closely with the other Payroll Specialists, the Finance Manager, the HR Ops team and other members of the finance team. As we continue to automate key financial processes, there will be a great opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and initiatives and the hire will have a chance to leave their mark on the maturation of the payroll function at Canva, with plenty of room for growth.
What you'll do ...
- Working closely with the Payroll Specialists you will assist with the preparation and review of key information to make up the payrolls for over 10 different countries globally
- Ownership of the employee & internal queries and requests for the Payroll Operations team.
- Familiarising yourself with our HR platform and our Payroll platforms you will assist with ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of data.
- Assist with scaling the payroll processes in line with Canva hyper growth to ensure all payroll related costs are recorded accurately including further automating current payroll processes
- Actively involved in the set up & testing of new payrolls to ensure they are a success.
- Prepare various compliance & reporting needs for the global payrolls.
What we're looking for ...
- At least 1+ years of relevant payroll experience
- Intermediate to advanced excel/ google sheet skills
- Experience taking care of large volumes of data
- Ability to take ownership of processes and an eagerness to apply previous takeaways to new challenges and evolve with the growth of the company
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment
- A keen eye for detail
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills - delivering a great service to all levels of employees
- Self motivated with a desire to learn
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines, and
- Maturity to handle confidential information
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva
- Exposure to the complexities of payroll processes and concepts across the globe
- Handle a large volume of data
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.