Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos and graphics for our users to use in their designs. These elements play a big part in creating good design. Thousands of new ingredients are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users. As an Element (Photo and Graphic) Curator, your task is to ensure that these photos and graphics are high-quality and appropriate for our users and the platform.
What you'll do...
- Review photos in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Evaluate photos for overall quality, visual trends and technical execution, following Canva’s aesthetic and guidelines.
- Curate content collections for current visual trends.
- Maintain full understanding of expected deadlines and visual preferences.
- Manage photos or graphics content and quality audits as requested
- Work with the Review Team Lead and the rest of the Review Team in implementing projects aimed at improving the team’s review processes and tools
You’ll love this job if you...
- Have a strong eye and passion for or experience working with photography and design
- You have a stylistic approach and keen understanding of what makes a good content based on design fundamentals and photography principles
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
We'd love it if you...
- Have experience as a photographer, photo editing, graphic designer and illustrator
- Strong understanding of the English language, including a wide range of cultural references and concepts
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of visual design (lighting, composition, branding, color, typography, etc.)
- Has a keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- A proven ability to select highly relevant, impactful photo and graphic styles with a modern aesthetic
- Exceptional organizational skills (be self organized)
- Great attention to detail
- Professional portfolio of projects showing exceptional photo and different graphic style content.
- Have team or project leadership skills (nice but not essential!)
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.