Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group
User Voice Group’s vision is “every user empowered, every voice heard.” With all the product features and improvements we are rolling out at an immense scale, the User Voice group needs to keep meeting the support needs of Canva users. Whilst our primary goal is to solve issues before they happen, or to use technology to address them, we have a growing need for people to resolve more complex issues.
Canva’s current approach is to have a mix of in-house and outsourced teams to meet these needs. Outsourced support will continue to grow as we target to resolve at least 70% of support tickets via support vendors by the end of 2022, and 80% come 2023.
About the Role
This is where you come in. The role’s primary responsibility is to own and support outsourced relationships, ultimately bridging support vendor teams with Canva’s internal teams. So if you’re currently looking for an impactful and opportunity, with a bias for collaboration, innovation and deep relationship building, then this is for you!
What you'll be doing
- Be Canva’s culture and values ambassador: Ensure that all undertakings with the partners are aligned with Canva’s core values.
- Take ownership of BAU operations: Supervise the day-to-day operations of our support vendors, ensuring all relevant teams are engaged appropriately.
- Drive Continuous improvement: Continuously improve key performance metrics (e.g. CSAT, First Reply Time, Average User Wait Time, Tickets per Hour, Quality).
- Innovate and optimize: Operate with a continuous improvement mentality; identify operational and workflow gaps both within and without your immediate scope to suss out solutions resulting in improved user experience at optimal cost
- Be a strategic partner: Liaise with vendors both on and off site with a view to improve supplier performance and relationships
- Contribute to the outsourcing strategy: Provide inputs in the continuous reiteration of Canva’s outsourcing design framework. This will be used to determine what work will be outsourced vs what will be retained in-house.
- Commercial negotiations: Provide inputs to Canva’s procurement team to advise selection and negotiation of commercial contracts with support vendors.
- Drive breakthroughs toward our North Star: Participate in the development of the bigger group’s strategic business plan and monitor progress against goals.
- Implement special projects: Collaborate with internal Canva teams and ideate, design and ultimately launch special projects that will directly impact overall Support Vendor performance.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of leadership experience in managing international outsourcing operations at scale within the customer service, process management, or operational excellence domains
- Excellent project management skills with strong bias for action; able to set priorities, communicate effectively across different levels and functions, and drive continuous improvement
- Great organizational skills, can easily collaborate with various cross-functional partners both internally and externally
- Highly analytical and can break down complex problems into smaller solvable challenges with corresponding action items
- Experienced in managing multi-vendor, multi-region vendor relationship management and performance monitoring including analyzing data for reporting and translating high-level critical thinking to detailed execution.
- Able to work with high degree of autonomy and with strong sense of ownership
- Excited to roll-up their sleeves and get in the weeds whilst keeping another eye on strategic solutions
- Enjoys regularly traveling to both domestic and international Support Vendor sites to build relationships with on-site teams and improve supplier performance
is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.