We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
* This is a freelance/remote opportunity for photographers based in Turkey/who are Turkish
About content team
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. A vital part of this mission is the content that users can add to their designs — photos, graphics, fonts, videos , and more. As the company grows, so does our user base, and in order to ensure we’re providing fresh, relevant ‘ingredients’ for all of their design needs, we’re continually producing and acquiring new content.
About the role
The mission of the Photos team is to create high-quality, diverse and inspiring photography. One of our biggest goals is to diversify and grow our image library providing our users with authentic, culturally relevant photos that they can use in their designs.
Canva is a unique platform, different from other stock libraries that you may have worked with in the past. We are a platform providing millions of assets for free, to empower the world to design! We have 55 million active monthly users from all over the globe, as well as 8,000 photography contributors across multiple channels adding amazing content every day.
We are looking for photographers to join the Contractor Photography Pool that is managed by the in-house Canva Photo Production Team. We are interested in engaging an initial project with the opportunity of extending our relationship to ongoing, regular photography work across a 12 month period. We’re looking to engage with photographers on a part-time freelance basis, who are able to work on a list of creative briefs that we refreshing once a week.
Our photography library needs a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful photos - so we’re after self-motivated photographers who would love to have room for creative freedom in answering a brief in one or more of the following categories:
*Still Life/Product Food
What you’ll do...
- Collaborate closely with the Canva Photos Production Team during the pre-production stage. Tasks include, but are not limited to: Casting the appropriate models, Booking the appropriate studio/location, Securing signed model/property releases when applicable, Booking relevant creative collaborators when appropriate (i.e. hair and makeup artist, fashion stylist, etc.), Sourcing relevant props, Mindfully allocating the provided allowance, Securing official receipts for all expenses
- Shoot photographs in line with creative briefs directed by the Canva Photos Production Team and in line with the provided technical guidelinesMeet the production deadline by executing the production in an efficient manner
- Submit a refined set of photos, choosing only the best shots per layout
- Upon the approval of photos by the Canva Photos Production Team, submit the invoice along with the official receipts for all expenses for processing
Experience you’ll need ...
- An online portfolio showcasing your photography.
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of photography
- Are skilled with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom or other similar post-production software.
- Have a good command of English and the local language
- Own your own photography equipment
- Be available to commit to at least one shoot every fortnight
- Have the ability to take creative and art direction from the Canva Photo Production Team
- Have a strong eye and experience shooting images with style variations
- Have the ability to source talents and secure necessary releases (model release, property release, etc.)
- Are able to manage production within the allotted production timeline
- Have proven ability to deliver fresh, relevant, high-quality photographs
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.