Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company.
Our mission at Kaleido as part of Canva is to empower the world to design with AI and to democratize visual AI by creating easy-to-use visual AI tools for individuals and businesses of all sizes, enjoyed by more than 85 million monthly users from 200+ countries.
Our engineering team's tag-line: “We fail fast” - Dynamic processes, implementing new ideas, trying, failing, and improving rapidly. The world of tech is ever-evolving, and so are we.
In this role, you'll collaborate with our engineering team to solve some complex graphics engineering problems and work in close contact with the Computer Vision/Machine Learning department to provide truly magical solutions to our users.
- Help build our new photo editing experience by developing new features that simplify the way users experience our products
- Contribute to the evolving frontend stack as part of a highly functional and passionate team
- Work closely with the AI/ML and backend teams in Australia and Austria to collaboratively innovate and deliver cutting-edge functionality
- Participate in software design sessions and PR reviews
- Help set up and monitor goals and milestones and contribute to the product roadmap planning
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and building commercial web applications
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, JS, React, Typescript and functional reactive programming patterns such as MobX and RxJS
- Knowledge in CI/CD and different testing techniques to write highly reliable code
- Experience with or a strong interest to learn and apply low-level browser APIs such as WebGL, WebGPU and WebAssembly to solve real-time graphics engineering challenges
- Some familiarity and desire to learn topics such as 3D rendering, image processing, linear algebra, calculus, color theory and gamma correction
- Interest in mentoring and coaching more junior engineers on the team
- Work in one of the fastest-growing visual AI startups in Austria surrounded by like-minded people. Our visual AI products are industry-leading solutions that are easing the life of more than 25 million people globally every month.
- We are a part of the Canva family. Our collaboration with teams around the globe supercharges our work to empower the world to design. Canva’s success story is unique - and you benefit from it by participating in the company stock option program.
- Join an international team in Vienna (more than 65 people from 25 nationalities) and collaborate with lots of smart, like-minded people who love to ship quickly and you get to know the space of visual AI. Watch this video to learn more about our engineering organization - a tech talk given by your future coach/manager at Kaleido.
- You will have a flexible work schedule of 38.5h/week and a no-all-in contract. Work remotely, from our office located in Vienna's 3rd district, or mix-and-match. We can easily find an option that works best for you and Kaleido.
- We care about our employees and we believe mental health should be a priority, just like taking care of our bodies and staying in shape. We provide mental health support through an online platform specialized in professional counseling.
- Your lunch and your commute with Wiener Linien are on us. You can also find unlimited snacks, coffee, and beverages in our office.
- You receive a yearly allowance for professional education & personal well-being as well as additional leave days for volunteering.
- We organize regular (international) events at the company & team levels to foster team bonding.
We are required by law to state the minimum salary for this position, which is EUR 55,000 gross per year. We pay competitive salaries - depending on your qualifications and experience - and you also get to participate in the company’s stock option program.
We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Join us and design your future.