We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
Above all else, Design School aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and
What you’ll do…
- Look after the motion design production for on-brand internal and external content videos (event videos, video templates, hype reels, and social media motion deliverables) for our Design Education department. https://designschool.canva.com/
- Produce high-quality and on-brand motion design materials for all internal and external projects
- Contribute to the creative and art direction of the motion design projects to ensure cohesion across all creative channels, and alignment with our global brand.
- Direct motion design improvements and establish the quality bar high for the team.
- Help contribute/update guidelines, playbooks and other on-brand materials for various teams’ initiatives and campaigns
- Collaborate with the Design Education department to produce video related projects, from brainstorming, research, pre-production to post production. Work closely with brand designers, motion designs, and copywriters.
- An understanding and ability to work with layout, colour, typography, and imagery.
We'd love it if you have...
- Experience as a Motion Designer creating a diverse range of video and animated assets, content creation, and video editing
- Strong understanding of the motion design process in a creative environment or workflow.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for motion design or animation.
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve processes.
- Efficiently communicates and articulates ideas
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best motion design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.