We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and video, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, be one of our creative partners! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the Team
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
About the Role
We are looking for Freelance Motion Designers (Production) to support the Creative Team in producing high-volume, engaging video ads for our various paid marketing campaigns.
If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll have experience in aspects of motion design including but not limited to ideation, storyboarding, animation, optimizing/resizing and localizing of videos.
What You'll Do...
- Collaborate with the Growth Marketing Creative Team to produce engaging paid motion design video ads. You’ll be optimizing these videos in different media platforms (mobile, web, etc.) and channels (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and localizing them to launch the videos in multiple global markets.
- Creative support the team in accomplishing motion design tasks for ongoing and upcoming video projects to fulfill deliverables according to timelines
- Design and create engaging product demos using motion design that inspire surprise and delight to your audience
- Produce high-quality and on trend content for each campaign
- Maintain and follow best practices for ad creative optimisation and localisation, file handling and management
We'd love it if you have...
- 2-5+ years experience as a Motion Designer / Video Editor in creating a diverse range of video and animated assets
- A strong reel demonstrating your passion for design, movement, and editing. We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your reel, so bring out your best motion design works!
- Experience in automation and localization of paid social video ads is a plus. Other platforms using tools such as Smartly.io, or other automation softwares. This is not a requirement, but something that could give you the leverage among other candidates.
- File management and organization skills for handing over working files
- Background in UI animation and social media video ads
- Diligence to always deliver outputs on time, even when you’re creating high-volume video requirements with tight deadlines.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Adaptability skills to manage delivery of outputs and work on multiple revisions quickly depending on the campaign needs
- The confidence to try new things, bring in new ideas and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- A link to your portfolio
- Your availability
- Your hourly rate
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.