Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Developer Platform Group owns the coding life cycle at Canva – from ideas through to production. Our mission is “To forge a delightful ecosystem for engineers at Canva, amplifying their craft and enabling them to ship fast and correct. At scale.” We create an environment in which developers can do their best work.
We work closely with product engineering teams to understand their needs and build solutions to best meet them. Our ecosystem spans platforms such as Git, build systems, CI systems, and knowledge management systems.
Our dream is to empower engineers with a world-class developer experience to focus on meaningful tasks while being supported by a toolset they love and trust to use their creativity and problem-solving talents. We want engineers to feel delighted working at Canva, not just by our exceptional and vibrant culture, but because our platforms are a joy to use. We want them to feel like Formula 1 drivers, backed by the best technology and supported by a skilled Developer Platform pit crew, so they’re empowered to fuel their full potential.
You'll be joining the Test Enablement subgroup. Test Enablement team's mission is to provide developers and QA with tooling to develop features with confidence and free from errors. The team envisions a world where software errors do not steal time or fulfilment. We want to ensure Canvanauts enjoy and have confidence in their testing tools so that our users have a delightful experience. We never get time back, so we want to enhance the time Canvanauts and users use and that it is never wasted.
As the leader of the team, you will be working closely with engineers and QA to understand their issues to unblock them and improve their effectiveness. Your day-to-day work includes crafting our frameworks to be as efficient as possible which will include researching third-party testing tools and developing in-house solutions.
The role will be a mix of hands-on technical direction and software development and people leadership so you will still be able to get your hands dirty in the code.
This role is based in Sydney, open to remote applicants within Australia, and qualifies for interstate relocation for those who wish to work from Sydney HQ.
What you'll do:
- Have crazy big ideas and vision
- Be able to pave and build a roadmap
- Drive technical strategy and leadership to your team in an innovation-focused environment.
- Develop and grow a team of 5 to 8 Canvanauts (software engineers) through effective hiring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Set up and run ongoing feedback sessions, and initiatives to help drive a balanced code review culture, design showcases, and improve processes through retrospectives
- Engage with collaborators and work closely with other tech leads.
What you'll bring:
- Exceptional Computer Engineering / Science knowledge around fundamentals and first principles relating to: concurrency, multithreading, data structures, architecture, and various design patterns
- Validated knowledge of Object Oriented Programming fundamentals
- An understanding of the DevOps ecosystem concerning tooling, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code
- Excellent knowledge of frontend, backend and mobile testing principles at all levels of testing (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Automation experience with Selenium and Appium
- Sound understanding of performance testing, including stress and load testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent soft skills managing both technical and non-technical partners
- Be self-motivated with an exceptional sense of ownership over complex problems and their related solutions
- Be capable of leading by example and promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.