Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team and Role
Canva’s People Team mission is to build the most effective and engaged company in the world. The EMEA People Lead will provide support to those on the ground, while working with the broader People group to ensure a consistent People experience to all Canvanauts around the world.
A champion of Canva’s values, you will collaborate with the People Team and Speciality Leads in Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and People Experience teams. You will combine your expertise and knowledge of local markets with Canva’s global policies and programs, to enable us to deliver our ambitious goals.
You’ll be passionate about people, progressive with how you think about the challenges of scaling, and bring innovative and creative solutions to the table to supercharge our growth in the UK and EU. With a global attitude and localised approach, you will have the experience and ability to confidently align with others through change, and rally our teams together on goals and projects that involve multiple collaborators.
What you’ll do
- Act as Canva’s People representative in the region, working in key partnerships with internal partners such as; the Country Leadership Teams, Global Specialty Leads, Canvanauts, and external entities, as needed.
- Further establish and lead the UK and Europe People team
- Help inform and implement Canva's global people strategy and programs in the UK & EU, including employee engagement initiatives; culture building and values alignment; leadership development; people transformation initiatives and talent management.
- Work with relevant Canva People Group teams and external partners to settle and uphold any localisation considerations, including benefits; labour laws; government regulations and compliance considerations.
- Maintain a consistent approach to Canva policies and global people programs.
- Contribute with localised input to our Talent Brand Team on employer brand awareness in the market.
- Consult with the Canva Employment Legal team on employee relation matters to support local policies on grievances, and coordinate the necessary steps with internal and external legal counsel to guarantee compliance and mitigate risks whilst ensuring appropriate coaching support for a fair and respectful experience.
- Serve as the point of contact for local labour and government agencies and offices, and handle union relations, if necessary.
Who you’ll be
- Extensive experience as a HR Manager / Senior HR Business Partner, including leading teams, in globally distributed teams.
- Well-versed in HR policies, processes, and practices related to compensation and benefits, recruitment and onboarding, performance and talent management.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of local employment-related laws, regulations and the local labour market
- Demonstrable ability to view the “broad picture” and operate strategically across all functions. You have an extraordinary blend of hands-on operational and design/strategy experience and have a deep understanding of strategic HR Management.
- Constantly thinking about the future and seeing what’s ahead, spotting opportunities to take us to the next level as well as the road bumps. You can synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- An active learner who loves nothing more than to constantly explore new ideas and concepts from a range of diverse resources
- Proficient in modern people strategies, and talent development. Ideally, you have implemented or worked with these for a period of time at a thriving organisation.
- Inclusive leader that can influence and rally people together; and build a safe and open environment for people to discuss difficult and sensitive issues; and create a sense of belonging
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance and gives you the option to choose how you best work
• Equity options to be truly a part of the Canva journey Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
• Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and Employee Assistance Programs to help you be your best self
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection. You know better than anyone how to Vibe & Thrive!
• Virtual and in-office clubs, events and celebrations for you to connect with your teammates
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
• Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity recognises the diverse representations of modern families
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.