We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos and graphics for our users to use in their designs. These elements play a big part in creating good design. Thousands of new ingredients are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users. As a Graphic Reviewer, your task is to ensure that these graphics are high-quality and appropriate for our users and the platform.
As a freelance Graphic Reviewer, you will:
- Review graphics in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Evaluate graphics for overall quality, visual trends and technical execution, following Canva’s aesthetic and guidelines
- Maintain full understanding of expected weekly deadlines and visual preferences
- Experience as a graphic designer or illustratorHas a strong eye and passion for or experience working with design
- A strong understanding of visual design fundamentals (branding, composition, color, typography and illustration)
- Has a keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- Exceptional graphic selection skills
- A proven ability to select highly relevant, impactful photos and graphic styles with a modern aesthetic
- Delivers weekly reviewed media in a timely manner
- Professional portfolio of projects showing exceptional different graphic style content
- Experience as a photographer or photo editing
- A portfolio that showcase these nice-to-have skills
When applying to this role, please provide:
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.