Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
The Sales & Success group at Canva has an ambitious vision to help all the companies in the world to achieve their communication goals. With the launch and re-brand of Canva for Teams as well as our Visual Worksuite, we are poised to serve as the design and collaboration tool of choice for teams of all sizes. To get there, we’re going to need to build a world-class sales team that addresses the varying needs of businesses across all regions in the world.
Our product-led sales approach requires a customer centric and data-driven Sales & Success leader to help our team navigate our next phase of growth.
What you'll do
- You will lead our North America Sales & Success team through our next phase of growth
- Build a world-class sales and success team within a scaling, product-led growth company
- You will help us build a unique and innovative product-led sales motion
- You will help transform the way our customers work by bringing them our Visual Worksuite - the first of its kind in the category
- Revenue growth: rapidly grow Canva Enterprise in the NA region to help hit Canva's overall Enterprise revenue aspirations
- Customer enthusiasm: extend Canva’s tradition of high customer happiness across teams and continue to prioritize user feedback and excitement as the Enterprise business accelerates
- Best-in-class processes, practices, and efficiency: build, educate and refine the team practices, sales playbooks, and key performance indicators needed for operating as a top SaaS business (including but not limited to): pipeline development, conversion rates, forecasting, hiring, performance management, enablement, training, partnerships, and cross-functional collaboration
- Growing a happy team: attract, empower, and develop the talent we need to accomplish the above
What we're looking for
- Leadership: 8+ years management experience. Proven success scaling out large sales teams with a track record of over-achieving targets within a market-leading SaaS business. Ability to attract, motivate, and manage A+ talent to deliver strong results. Work with executive stakeholders as a peer and help shape the focus of business outcomes
- Creativity and imagination: We are in building-mode and the role will require an innovative leader to build processes, sales narratives and sales motions that are unique to Canva
- Business insight / judgment: ability to prioritize focus of effort and inquiry with an eye to business impact / outcomes
- Communication skills: ability to communicate complex concepts and insights concisely and with actionable so-what
- A people-first leader who prioritizes success and achievement as a team. Is motivated by helping others succeed
- A charismatic leader who can inspire and energize a room of clients, industry leaders, press and Canvanauts alike
- A Sales-leader who has built businesses and led teams through various stages of growth
- A collaborative leader who can work closely with all functions across a growing technology company: Product, Marketing, Eng, Finance, Legal, Policy, Growth
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Independent / self-starter
- Accessible, approachable, and collaborative
- Fast-paced / bias towards immediate actions and results
- Humility / willingness to question one’s own assumptions / desire to constantly improve
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.