We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
This role is part of the Business Systems team within Information Technology (“IT”) that drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. As part of IT you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting critical groups throughout the business.
As Canva grows, there is an increasing need to provide stakeholders in the business with timely, accurate and granular data enabling agile decisions to be made as required. There is now a need for a FP&A Business Systems Analyst to assist with developing Canva’s forecasting tool & reporting requirements in-line with the business needs.
The FP&A Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the effective and efficient support of the Adaptive Planning platform to support Canva’s forecasting and reporting process.
The primary responsibility of the Finance Systems Analyst will be to implement, maintain & update the Adaptive Insights forecasting system at Canva. This includes:
- Ongoing administration and integrity of the Adaptive Planning platform and integration.
- Building and maintaining sheets – including modelled and cube sheets for planning/reporting.
- Work with key stakeholders to enhance and refine models, dashboards, and analysis with the goal of helping them use our financial and operational results to better understand company performance in Adaptive.
- Providing effective and efficient support services to business users.
- Project manage and lead on change requests and customisations required by the business.
- Proactively identify opportunities for change, process improvement, and enhancements
- Provide training, mentoring & development of the Planning & Reporting team and broader Finance team in Adaptive Insights.
- Supporting traditional FP&A responsibilities such as assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, reporting out results, and acting as the analytical engine for Canva
What we are looking for:
- Passion for Finance systems and processes. Being able to translate the "technical" into the "understandable", supporting finance professionals to unlock the potential of the Adaptive Insights platform.
- Strong background and expertise in the administration of Planning Systems (Adaptive Insights Preferred); ideally worked with technology led organisations that are growing at pace
- Experience in financial accounting, reporting and/or processing and able to demonstrate a good understanding of the outputs from financial systems to meet reporting requirements
- Experience working with hybrid skills between Financial Planning and strong IT/Business Systems
Also we’d love it if you had…
- At least 4-5 years relevant professional experience, at least some of this in a commercial environment is a must
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with SQL and the software development life cycle
- Familiar with Agile concepts and Scrum methodologies
- Experience working with team members based in different locations/ countries
- Hands on approach with a willingness to roll-up sleeves and work with team members
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, be proactive and able to deliver within agreed deadlines.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.