Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Ecosystem group contributes to Canva’s growth towards 1 billion users by creating an abundant app ecosystem that tailors to the diverse needs of our users across all demographics. We are launching a new and improved Canva API (currently in Alpha) that gives developers more power and flexibility with the potential to build what we cannot imagine!
The Ecosystem strategy involves three priorities:
- Build and scale the Canva API to enable deep integrations into (and outside of) Canva’s editor product
- Create a truly delightful experience for our developers and their customers.
- Building high-quality integrations with strategic partners to benefit Canva’s users.
About the role.
The Data Capabilities team is on a mission to provide Data provider apps to supply data to existing Canva native features (such as Charts and Bulk Create). These Canva consumers will become examples that inspire both internal Canva teams and external developers to bring into Canva more data sources and build apps that can consume data.
The team lead is responsible for driving the product direction, providing technical guidance to the team, growing engineers, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders on roadmap goals and milestones. As one of the team leads on the API, you will be responsible for taking the new data capabilities to general availability and then scaling it to thousands of developers and millions of users.
What you'll do
- Lad and coach a team of 3-5 engineers focused on building and operating the Canva API.
- Be accountable for team delivery and ongoing delivery improvements.
- Partner with Product and Design to shape our roadmap, balancing product outcomes with pragmatic technical excellence.
- Contribute to the technical strategy by representing one of the four Canva API teams in the larger Ecosystem group of eight.
- Work with Canva API teams to ensure consistency across our APIs surface areas as you contribute to our API design guidelines.
- Seek exciting opportunities to improve the general experience of building apps using our developer platform.
- Be a hands-on leader contributing directly to goal progress with code.
- You're a technical and people leader - having led high-performing teams where everyone can share their best ideas and be their best selves.
- Good understanding of the product life cycle, features, technical debt, QA, and supporting quality at speed. You will know when you need to push back, shielding the team from disruptions. You will provide a safe environment that helps to bring clarity.
- Have the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals from different backgrounds and with different professional and personal needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills will enable you to manage stakeholders and communicate effectively across other groups.
- Lead by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and inclusive culture.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.