We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About Team Spend
Team Spend is Canva’s Source to Pay team established to upgrade Canva’s spending experience for both internal and external stakeholders. Source-to-Pay is the end to end process, systems, policies, and people that support business needs with a third party from identification of that need to posting into our financial systems. The team's functions include: Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Expense Management, Card Programs, Travel, and Systems & Process. Our Mission is to empower Canvanauts to focus on their impact by providing the most Efficient and Frictionless Spend Experience.
- Ensure that the AP team is populating invoice header and line information with high accuracy. This includes GL coding and dimension tagging.
- Ensure that vendor bills are approved by the responsible buyer and department’s representative
- Execute final approval for processed vendor bills for payment in the Invoice Management Platform
- Ensure that all key recurring bills are timely processed and approved forward
- Review funding request which will be requested to the Treasury Accountant
- Prepare payment run report and make a high-level review to be submitted to the Shared Service Team Lead and Commercial Accounting Manager/Head
- Closely monitor bills status after the payments are released
- Ensure transactions/purchases are within the scope of Canva’s policies
- Ensure the correctness of GL accounts, Dimensions, and Tax codes used
- Review fortnightly and monthly Credit Card Expenditure Report
- Review travel report across entities
- Ensure employee expense reports are within the scope of Canva’s reimbursement policy
- Ensure the correctness of GL accounts, DCL, and Tax codes used
- Ensure employee reimbursements are approved
- Ensure that Employee Benefits monitoring is updated
- Resolve and document any escalated employee queries and inquiries
- Help facilitate the establishment of the VMDM process and identify key metrics and SLAs.
- Ensure that major vendors that are not yet paid are accrued
- Ensure that AP is closed at T+1
- Ensure related accounts are reconciled at T+4
- Review AP aging report
- Ensure that the OpEx Team’s KPI are met
- Coordinate with the Global Finance team
- Assist with other ad hoc transactional and reporting activities within the shared services team
- Helping to build out and manage/coach the Manila Shared Services - OpEx team function, including onboarding and training of new employees
What we’re looking for…
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- A CPA or equivalent accounting qualification is an advantage
- 5+ years of knowledge and experience in transactional processing and related month-end processes and adjustments; Accounts Payable Management expertise is an advantage!
- Experience with NetSuite Oneworld is highly desirable, given a critical part of this role
- Experience with Jira is preferred but not required
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Highly organised with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills are desirable
is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.