We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About Canva China
Canva’s mission has been to empower the world to design, and in late 2017 we set out tobring the world’s most loved design tool to the world’s largest internet market, China. Wewere thrilled to have launched our China web and mobile product in August 2018, withthousands of users signing up to Canva China each day. We are now a team of over 80people in China, spanning from engineering, growth, design and operations, and aresupported by a web, mobile and user experience team in our Sydney Headquarters.
Finance & Legal @ Canva
Our mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders. That means we empower every team within the company to work quickly and autonomously, while at the same time maintaining compliance in all areas. As a fast growing group, we’ve only scratched the surface of the insights we can provide, and our potential to influence Canva’s strategic decisions.
We have a lot of big, interesting projects to work on as a team. That’s a result of the pace we’re growing and the nature of the business. You’ll never be stuck in business-as-usual banalities at Canva. Accounting at Canva is all about looking forward and planning for growth, not just looking back on historical numbers. We need to provide the best information so Canva can make big bets and reinvent industries.
What you'll do
- Manage the Account Payable requests across the team, including but not limited to supplies’ bills, staff reimbursements, and etc., while maintaining high standards for accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism.
- Work closely with the Enterprise team on sales cycle; Examine customer payment plans and payment history and coordinate contact with various teams; Assistance with revenue recognition.
- Perform treasury functions and maintain good relationships with banks.
- Answer the general enquiries of internal and external parties in relation to finance operations.
- Assistance with streamlining processes and implementing finance systeme automation solutions.
We'd love it if you had
- 1-3 years relevant experience; BA degree in accounting, finance, economy, or business administration; accounting-related qualification would be an advantage.
- A self-starter mindset enthusiastically drives projects, strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills.
- A team player with excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good command of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel); Experience with Netsuite or other cloud-based accounting systems.
- Use English effectively for working purposes.
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Professional education allowance
- Gym allowance
- Generous leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.