We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
* This is a 6 month contract for applicants based in Turkey/who are Turkish
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 55 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 4 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team and role:
Our brand team’s mission is to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. As Canva’s education community manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy that brings our teacher’s community of Canva users closer together and make them fall in love with our brand and product but also the values it stands for.
You’ll be a creative and compassionate community leader and a rock-star content creator with experience executing across social media communities. You’ll be a people’s person, a risk taker, embrace experimenting with new ideas, thrive in ambiguity and love big challenges. You’ll do everything you can to help the members of our communities and be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to community building, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, trends, tools and social and community insights.
- Produce engaging content to educate, inspire and entertain our community of teachers. This will include video tutorials, webinars, engagement posts, fun design challenges, product launches, case studies, live events, and quirky promotional content.
- Brainstorm and develop campaigns and new content ideas Develop a content calendar to ensure a constant supply of relevant content in our teacher’s community.
- Grow the community in the form of new members/followers, monthly active members, and engagement
- Engage and share the #Canvalove with the community through your witty, empowering, and engaging responses
- Perform daily admin tasks to ensure the good functioning of our Canva communities: members and posts approvals, answering members’ questions, etc.
- Work with our creative team to create impactful content that help build a sense of community, educate our user base, or build brand awarenessLiaise with the other community managers at Canva to align content, tone of voice and branding across individual social media profiles in selected international markets.
- Create monthly insights reports and keep track of KPIs to analyze content performance across the Canva communities on Facebook.
Experience you will need
- At least 3 years experience in organic / user generated content social media
- At least 4 years of experience in community strategy & execution from the group up and at scale, with good understanding of engagement tactics via local social channels
- Experience building communities via events, partnerships, outreach and online
- Experience creating content for social media and communities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience managing large Facebook groups, ideally for a local brand
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them to create passionate communities (Facebook, Facebook groups, YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter, Tik Tok)
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- Your resume
- Previous work samples
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.