We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 50 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the Team:
Canva for Education is the creativity and collaboration tool for every classroom. Available to K-12 teachers and their students at no charge. Canva for Education is built for K12 teachers and students to improve creativity and design. We continue to see success on a daily basis of educators leveraging Canva for Education in the classroom. The core focus of our team is to showcase the power of Canva for Education within school districts around the world.
The mission of the District Engagement Manager is to share Canva for Education with school districts in the United States and realize how Canva can be the creativity tool for every classroom. He or she will help Canva develop and grow the company’s strategy and execution of Education goals, implement best practices for building a world-class schools success organization, and drive operational excellence for the day-to-day management of the business.
What you'll do:
- Drive US School district usage while partnering with the district Instructional Technology staff
- Build Canva’s educator community lifecycle practice by owning strategy, planning, execution, and results within identified district
- Remain focused on Education community at identified districts by running a healthy and predictable business that delivers on a jointly agreed customer transformation strategy focused on education outcomes within district
- Develop a deep understanding of the Canva user lifecycle within the identified districts and establish close relationships with our passionate community of educators and learners to know first-hand what they need to become successful Canva users
- Identify community usage patterns and trends through data analysis while using it as a foundation to inform future product and marketing plans
- Continuously test, learn and iterate on our lifecycle strategy to drive retention and engagement at our identified districts
- Continuously track and report on trends seen in online educator and learner communities to inform our roadmap while helping us stay relevant and connected
- Act not only as a strategist, but also as a community manager by engaging with our community daily to build meaningful and impactful relationships
What we're looking for:
- The ideal candidate will bring the following core areas of expertise; understanding of the US District Education market, understanding of classroom productivity solutions with an ability to communicate with Instructional Technology Specialists and teachers how Canva can improve student learning outcomes through design and collaboration
- Experience of selling education software solutions combined with real-world teaching and instructional technology design
- A deep understanding of how schools roll-out new technology and the ways district wide deployments
- Excellent collaboration skills, including being comfortable leading virtual teams and working with people outside your direct team
- Good business planning skills, with an ability to move from planning to implementation and complete projects to deliver high impact
- Experience in community management and understanding of social media best practices and tactics for education audiences
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.