At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a part of the project and design your future.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to.
We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class. Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos and vectors for our users to use in their designs. Vectors play a big part in creating good design. Thousands of new vectors are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users.
What you'll do...
- Produce animated assets and stickers in different styles according to the brief given by the Canva team
- Work to high-quality illustration standards
- Following production processes and requirements
- Working on a timeline (coordinated through our Monday board & Slack)
- Accept feedback and open to reworking if the brief is not met
We'd love it if you have...
- Prior experience with design, illustration, and animation with an online portfolio of motion graphics work
- Have strong technical skills, and are able to work proficiently in After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of design, illustration, and animation
- Are comfortable in designing and animating vector characters and/or typography
- Have a passion for creating well-designed, usable animated graphics in different styles
- Have a desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
- Have a strong eye for quality and details
- Not a must, but it will be extra awesome if you'd have experience in 3D Animation (Blender, Cinema4D, or other 3D rendering software)
- Are able to receive and interpret feedback, and meet tight deadlines
- Have own equipment: Computer/Laptop (with hi-res screen preferable) and high-speed internet
We make decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.