We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Our marketplace of templates provides the perfect place for our users to begin their design journey. The Canva team wants to work with talented designers from across the world, to redefine what’s possible for a template - creating a new benchmark for fresh, high-quality design content within our collection. We're aiming to build the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content - and to do that, we need the help of talented designers to help us review localised templates we’ve created. It’s not enough just to have content that is translated from English, we want to be sure that all users have access to content that reflects the design aesthetics and trends in their market.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced native/fluent Filipino (Tagalog) speaker to review translated posters, invitations, social media graphics, and other design products, created within a drag-and-drop design tool. The goal will be to provide feedback on overall language quality of each design, as well as implement any design tweaks that need to be made from an aesthetic point of view.
What you’ll do...
- Review localized templates and ensure that they pass Canva quality standards.
- Review and edit design copies that’s adaptive and empathetic to the PH market
- Apply needed changes on the template and provide QA feedback on the following areas: Language Accuracy, Adherence to style guide, Language Quality (grammar, punctuation, spelling errors/typos, etc), Design issues (improper line breaks in text, inappropriate/incorrect imagery, etc), Translation Quality (translations that sound too literal or mechanical)
We'd love it if you have...
- Excellent grasp of Native Filipino (Tagalog)language
- Keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- Strong stylistic approach, and a strong foundation in what makes a good design
- A keen eye for detail, experienced or interested in localization, editing, or proofreading.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Technological aptitude to manage spreadsheets, documents, and collaborative online forums
What you'll love in Canva...
- Equity options in one of the fastest-growing startups in the world
- Fitness and wellness benefits
- HMO day 1
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.