We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million active users across 190 different countries, who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies, and have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of.
About Content and Discovery
The Content and Discovery super-group consists of 5 groups, 30+ teams and 200+ individuals who work together towards two common goals:
To bring every ingredient needed to create any design into Canva’s platform by working with a diverse range of template designers, illustrators, photographers and other content producers. This includes templates, photos, illustrations, videos, audio, graphics and more.
To surface this content strategically to maximise engagement in the Canva platform, and to surface this content selectively through Google to acquire new users searching for design and template solutions. This means building search and discovery features in the app, building SEO marketplaces and scaling these products internationally.
Within the group are Creator Programs that allow users to create, publish and earn from their designs on Canva. Your role will be to lead the review operations of our Creator Programs . Our review team is scaling quickly across a variety of mediums - templates, photos, graphics, video and audio - and we need hands-on, strategic lead to guide, and super-speed, the growth.
You’ll be leading the operations for our Review Team, overseeing the efficient growth and scale of the review team whilst maintaining our high Canva standards. While overseeing the review teams you will also be working alongside a range of other functions - from product design, engineering, reviewer management and QA - to drive operational excellence and continual growth. A core focus of your role will be the growth of the reviewer teams as we expand into international markets.
We’re looking for an operational powerhouse with a proven track record of delivering results with global teams that are rapidly scaling. Ideally you will have experience developing, and leading, operations for content review.
You thrive building systems, teams and processes that accommodate change and allow for growth. You understand the people part of effective operations as much as the data-driven aspect, and are comfortable playing to both.
You have a collaborative spirit and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, ready to roll up your sleeves and work with a varied range of stakeholders and teams.
You’re focused on growth, hyper organized and an effective communicator. You’re passionate about what you do, and ready to take on the biggest challenge of your career at Canva.
- Lead the operational aspects of building, and scaling, an international review team across multiple media. You will provide direction on how to accelerate team growth internationally and how to execute on those plans, forecasting hiring needs, developing processes and ways-of-working for new teams (inc. how they interact with existing teams and processes)
- Responsible for the review team's performance and output, including the development of success metrics, goals setting, roadmapping, clearing blockers and delivery of goals through operational excellence and positive, energising team management
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the vision, goals and priorities of the team and work with data to drive short- and long-term planning
- Develop an Continuous Improvement Culture as you observe and analyse team processes, operating models, work-flows and collaboration, in order to create and optimise review processes that lead to team efficiencies and growth whilst maintaining Canva's content standards
- Own the growth, and daily management of the review team, including team member coaching, resourcing, process development and implementation, tool ownership, documentation and asset management
- Partner with the wider Review team, including product design, engineering, reviewer management and QA, to create a world-leading content review product and process
- Work with the Creators Growth and Product Lead strategies to define review priorities and grow the review program as a whole, internationally
- Work alongside our HR teams to rapidly scale the team internationally including forecasting, hiring and onboarding
- Play a lead role in aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across Canva teams and specialities, facilitating and building out best practice workflows
Goals you'll achieve in your first 3-6 months
- Audit and optimise the Creators review process. Audit the current review process and responsibilities - considering all facets from product through to creator education/feedback - and propose an operational strategy to optimise the process and clarify roles/remit.
- Build the Review Team, setting the foundations for efficient, impactful growth. Roll up your sleeves and start building our review team including developing a team structure, clarifying roles and responsibilities, developing processes, and building relationships across the wider Canva business.
- Develop, and deliver, a strategy for international scale. Partnering with our Creator Product Lead develop and deliver a strategy for scaling review in our next 10 priority locales including identifying key markets, forecasting, hiring and the establishment of new teams on the ground around the world.
Experience you'll need
- 6+ years of Operations or program management experience, with proven success in scaling teams and growing into LOTE markets, in a tech company or within the creative field
- Experience in large-scale review and/or content production
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects and teams across multiple offices and locales
- A love for data - we’re looking for someone who obsesses over metrics and uses numbers to prioritise pieces of work
- Experience working with, and optimising, a review process would be ideal
- Proven experience initiating and leading large-scale projects from brief through to delivery
- A natural leader who can rally teams of all kinds, and influence peers across the organisation
- A bias for action, constantly striving to get things done. You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to unblocking teams
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Keen presentation and great design skills (Canva’s made that bit easy!)
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.