Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualizing and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wire framing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
The China Product Design team is responsible for the product UI and online experience of Canva.cn. Our mission is to empower everyone to design by bringing stellar user experience. This means we focus on many aspects of the product and user process, while at the same time making proper adjustments according to the user's voice. We have tons of interesting topics and projects to work on. As a member of an important team in a fast growing company, you’ll be amazed at what you could accomplish with your passion and energy. Together we’ll make Canva known and loved by more and more users!
- You’ll start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution
- As a product designer on the team you will carry out: research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products.
- You will advocate for users and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis.
- You’ll create user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You’ll create flowcharts, and journey maps to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
- You’ll visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You’ll rapidly iterate through different design solutions; bucking convention in favor of progressive ideas.
- You’ll partner with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You’ll solve complex problems and whiteboard ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are able to understand the different trade-offs and align design solutions to Canva business goals. Activities include: writing well-balanced Strat docs; providing different design options to show trade-offs; creating hypothesis and experiments focussing on revenue and MAU growth; ability to apply industry trends to Canva scenarios and designs.
Experience the candidate will have
- You will have Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, HCI or related majors, Master’s degree is a plus;
- You will have 3 years or above of experience in product design, ideally in the Internet industry;
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and white boarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive salary, plus equity options where you will enjoy the rapid growth of Canva and have impact every day.
• Flexible working hours that cater to how you best work. We value work-life balance and you decided what works best for you.
• Healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch, fruit, drinks and snacks options. You can enjoy the TGIF special drinks and live cooking.
• Unique and flexible leave that goes beyond just standard annual leave including flexible leave, carer’s leave, Force for Good leave, education leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own development.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a fitness center membership to personal development training, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including; Canva University, Fitness Classes (Yoga & Meditation) Employee Assistant Programs, social clubs and team events that are sponsored by the company.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / 我们会根据你的经验、技能和对于职位的热情来做出雇佣决定。当你进行申请时，请告诉我们你希望我们对你使用的称谓，以及在面试过程中你可能需要的任何合理调整。