Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead with product delivery, and service operation expertise to help us achieve our goals. You’ll coach and mentor other specialists to help them do their best work, while partnering with multi-functional leads to roadmap goals and achievements. This role will see you communicating with partners from outside the team to ensure project alignment and coordination. Be responsible for ensuring high availability services and sustainable development.
About the [group/team/speciality/sub] speciality
Our group has a clear vision to support large organisations and need people to help complete it. There are some very large and sophisticated problems that need solving to realise the vision. This is a major growth area for Canva where we can provide an experience
tailored to this specific customer segment and support large rollouts!
What you'll do
- Lead and mentor a motivated team of engineers
- Be responsible for break-down and delivery of large projects
- Operate important services with excellence (including being on call)
- Work with senior members of to guide the technical vision
- Support coachee growth via feedback, reviews & 1:1's
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers
- Foster an impactful and empowered team via a code review culture, knowledge sharing, design showcases, and process improvements
- Promote a safe & respectful culture with a focus on collaboration and open communication
- Advocate for engineering needs to non-technical partners within the group
Who you are
- Experience coaching a team of software engineers
- Experience owning and operating high availability, high scale services
- Experience building hard-working and collaborative teams
- Have a balance of delivery leadership, people leadership, and technical skills
- Proven customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of our customers
- Ability to lead by example; promote Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values
- Experience working multi-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and other business functions outside of engineering
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.