We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform!
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 20 million users in over 100 languages. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies with software engineering being the core part of who we are. Our Data Engineering team is seeking experienced Data Warehousing Engineers to help build out our new platforms and systems to support the continued growth of Canva's technical footprint.
- Hands-on development, tuning, and overall management of our Data Warehousing platforms
- Responsibility for the continued development of new features, functionality, and optimisation from raw data ingestion, to the access and modelling layer, through to maintaining the visualization layer
- Providing functional and technical subject matter expertise with respect to data management, business intelligence, and reporting to internal stakeholders across Canva's global footprint
- Responsibility for managing planning and delivery of Data projects and initiatives across the wider business; in conjunction with product teams across both offices.
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced SQL scripting skills as well as reasonable proficiency in Python
- A demonstrated grounding in the Data Warehousing domain - experience building and managing large data warehouse and data mart environments in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting systems
- Familiarity with a wide set of Data Warehouse architectures and methodologies, schemas, and performance / optimization principles
- Excellent written & and verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate individuals
Want to experience Canva for yourself?
Check out what life is like at Canva on Instagram
Check out what our users are saying about us on Twitter
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
If you require visa sponsorship, you must ensure you have at least two (2) years of post-University commercial experience as a Software Engineer, be mindful of Labour Market Testing, and meet the mandatory sponsorship requirements laid out by Department of Home Affairs.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.