Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the role
Canva’s People Group has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community. We're looking for an experienced Sr People Partner (HR Business Partner) to join our global People Partnering team and help take our Teams & Education + Product Growth teams to the next level.
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with your People Group peers, and Teams & Education + Product Growth Leads to coach, navigate and solve problems, and develop and launch programs that support all Canvanauts to be successful. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting teams to scale effectively. You’ll be an experienced HR enabler who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You know that meeting the business where it's at, building exceptional foundations and positive relationships is the key to ensuring those high impact, highly strategic pieces of work land with positive impact at scale.
About the Teams & Education + Product Growth SuperGroups
The Teams & Education mission is to 'Power up design to enable learning, creativity, collaboration and productivity!' Primarily based in Australia, with a small contingent in the US and NZ. Four groups make up Teams and Education: Design Productivity, Education and Manage Teams, Collaboration and Home & Content Management.
The Product Growth mission is to 'Empower the world to enjoy the full value of Canva!' Primarily based in Australia, team members can also be found in the US, Philippines, China and NZ. Three groups make up Product Growth: Revenue Platform, Teams and Subs Growth and User Growth.
The two SuperGroups (Teams & Education + Product Growth) have a combined headcount of 350.
We are open to remote expressions of interests for this opportunity
What You’ll Do:
- Help build an exceptional people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, and inclusive organisation design; whilst contributing your outstanding insights from an HR perspective
- Be a strategic member of the Teams & Education + Product Growth Groups and a trusted advisor to the Group Leads; guiding and coaching leaders on the full gamut of challenges and opportunities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and across multiple Groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business opportunities and challenges we’re working to solve; design & deliver tailored people strategies & solutions that both scale and enable them to achieve Crazy Big Goals
- Work with your leads to build highly engaged and effective teams, partnering with them on key priorities such as team effectiveness, growth and impact, leadership development, talent management, organisation design, workforce planning and cultivating culture.
- Support international expansion efforts
- Build critical context within your group and, working with your People Group and CoE peers, be "the voice of the business" in the design phase of Canva-wide talent programs.
- Facilitate and build leadership capability around cyclical people programs, such as Impact, growth & development, and compensation reviews
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.