Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
In order for our CHT Specialists to be successful in their roles in making our users happy, we need to ensure that they have the right resources and job aides which are continuously and constantly being updated, especially whenever there are process updates, product releases and the like. The Knowledge Management Specialist’s role is to take part in that process, specifically by making sure that existing articles in the knowledge base are kept up to date while new process and product releases are documented for specialists’ references
What you'll do
- You will define the strategy to take Canva’s specialist/agent knowledge base to the next level. You will set the information architecture approach, find ways to improve discoverability, and continuously increase the quality of articles so that we can encourage effective and widespread usage.
- You will also ensure that our saved response library aligns well with Canva’s voice, enables customer delight, and scales with our rapid growth. You will be redefining the team to hone writing as a craft by embedding it in our culture and establishing principles and guidelines.
- You will demonstrate value by measuring the impact of initiatives through data, and you will encourage insights-led continuous improvement.
- You will improve the reliability of our knowledge management operations by introducing processes and cadences, such as intake, quality review processes, and information sharing approaches.
- You will coach and develop a team of knowledge management guides, inspiring them to be their best selves and to do their best work.
- You will work optimally across multiple other teams in the organization, such as User Voice Specialists Operations, Global User Voice Enablement Team, and Product Teams. You encourage collaboration, clarify ambiguity, and drive teams forward.
- 3 to 5 years lead experience in knowledge architecture / knowledge management roles for scaled operations (i.e. customer support, customer success)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizing information and writing as a craft
- Excellent problem-solver, strategic thinker / architect, and implementation track record
- Proven track record of rallying different teams to reach an end goal and achieve the seemingly impossible
About the Customer Happiness Team
The Customer Happiness Team’s role is to support Canva as a growing business primarily through making Canva users happy. Consequently, these users will become Canva fans for life. This can be achieved by ensuring that users’ inquiries and needs are attended to in a timely manner with appropriate solutions addressing the users needs. In tandem, we also want to collect user feedback and communicate our findings to other departments that support our continuous improvement.
As Canva continues on its rapid trajectory of growth, its customer support needs become increasingly complex. Thus, the need for a mechanism to ensure we are accurately answering customer queries and following established protocols become greater. Consequential to this complexity is also the higher volume of releases and product updates weekly which requires a robust knowledge base to be used as the single source of truth by the specialists, hence the need to build a KM team. The Knowledge Management Team is responsible for updating, sanitizing, and all-around leading our CHT knowledge base which includes knowledge articles, email macros for specialists to use, and other important internal communications to specialists about product releases and updates. The goal is to ensure that all processes and product updates, whether new or existing, are properly documented so that specialists have ready-made references to use whenever they're handling tickets.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.