We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About Brand Studio
Brand Studio’s mission is to build the most loved brand in the world, while doing as much good as we possibly can along the way. Our team services all of Canva for their brand design needs. We are responsible for championing a consistent and human brand, and evolving it over time as we learn, grow and pursue excellence in branding.
Our brand pillars are Human, Inspiring and Empowering. These act as our North Star in everything we do.
Canva’s design team aims to be the best design company in the world. That starts with hiring the best people and best designers to support the different teams in Canva. As a team we:
- Champion Canva’s brand. A strong brand starts from the inside out. We empower everyone internally at Canva to be on-brand.
- Communicate what we stand for. Every piece of communication we put out into the world articulates our vision and helps our community connect with us.
- Pursue excellence in brand design. We aim to be known as one of the best brand studios in the world, both for our culture and quality of work.
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Creative Lead who can develop great creative talent and guide teams to deliver world class brand and marketing campaigns.
You will lead Canva China Brand Studio and be part of the Canva China Marketing team to work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns and editorial content and production across social media. You will also work with a broader China group on a variety of projects as it pertains to brand communications.
- Work in collaboration with marketing team to oversee seasonal marketing plans and develop original visual content (static & motion) for a variety of marketing touch-points
- Drive the direction and development of our in-house brand marketing strategy, plans and execution
- Be a brand custodian ensuring brand consistency, strong brandvoice and brand integrity across all of our creative work
- Responsible for the art direction of content that sparks Canva’s vibrant internal culture, including talent branding, office decoration, Season Openers, and swag kits
- Take the lead on design projects and act as a mentor for other brand designers in the team
- Help us make Canva the most loved brand in the world!
- 6+ years of experience as a Brand/Visual Designer creating a diverse range of marketing materials with at least 2 years of experience managing other designers, helping them develop their craft.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for creative thinking, brand systems, art direction and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design skills and mastery of typography, color, and layouts. Beneficial to have in-depth technical knowledge of video editing and motion design.
- Experience working with brand strategy and applying brand systems across multiple touchpoints.
- Up-to-date knowledge of various design mediums, and how best to leverage them. (Canva will become an integral part of your design toolkit!)
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling.
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.