We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
We’re looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join our team and undertake the best work of their career. The role is part of a close-knit Legal Team team here at Canva, and will provide support to the broader Legal, Finance, Total Rewards and Tax teams on matters relating to corporate governance, cap table management and compliance.
This work is challenging and our execution on it is why the team won the award for its category at the 2019 and 2020 Australian Corporate Counsel Awards. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about implementing change, good processes and procedures in a commercial setting at one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the formation and maintenance of Canva’s corporate entities and prepare related organizational documents
- Manage the day-to-day administration of Canva’s global equity incentive program on third-party equity administration platform, Carta
- Ensure all equity plan transactions (including but not limited to RSU/stock option grants, exercises, vesting schedule changes and terminations) are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Collaborate with legal counsel to document board consents approving stock option grants and other equity related matters
- Coordinate closings for M&A and private placement transactions
- Prepare periodic reports reflecting the current status of the equity incentive plans
- Coordinate with the Finance team on yearly audits relating to equity compensation
- Maintain and audit Canva’s historical and ongoing capitalization records
- Assist legal counsel with securities laws compliance and filing matters
What you'll do:
- You’ll have 3+ years of experience working as a corporate paralegal
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience dealing with the Carta equity management solutions platform preferred
- You’ll have experience working with rapidly growing technology companies
- You’ll have experience managing and updating cap tables and other corporate governance records for global organizations, and a desire to learn new jurisdictional requirements when required
- You will have advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- You are excited by the challenge of the role and are keen to develop it and grow it as Canva continues to scale
- You possess strong organizational skills and you have experience working directly with stakeholders inside and outside the legal function
- You have proven your ability to engage others using your excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are resourceful and self-motivated and have exceptional time management and organizational skills
- You can work well in a team but are capable of working autonomously
- You have demonstrated an ability to exercise good judgment under intense pressure
- You have a keen eye for detail
- Competitive salary, plus employee equity grants
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- For Sydney based candidates, in-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Generous, flexible benefits
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.