We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Finance Group
The Finance and Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance and Legal team.
About the Corporate Accounting Team
The mission of the Corporate Accounting team is to ensure that financial information withstands external scrutiny in compliance with all local regulations and standards. We are the gatekeepers of externally reported financial information and as the Canva business grows, we are exposed to a broader range of accounting regulations and reporting requirements.
We currently have team members in Sydney and Manila and are looking to continue scaling the team! With expanding operations across the world in multiple jurisdictions, we are looking for a Corporate Accountant who can expand our accounting close processes and assist in the preparation of management estimates and technical accounting positions.
As a Corporate Accountant, you will:
- Be an owner of the quarterly close process: calculating complex accounting estimates and preparing supporting documentation for assumptions and new accounting positions
- Be a significant contributor to the team’s overall audit-readiness: implementing process improvements, applying new accounting standards and identifying opportunities along the way
- Make complex things simple: applying your technical accounting experience and research skills to understanding and accounting for Canva’s commercial transactions
- Work closely with other finance teams: providing accounting advice and support to the GL and Shared Services team as well as communicating accounting positions to Tax, FP&A and FinOps.
Who we are looking for:
- An expert of their craft. You have a solid technical background and can apply this to the commercial realities of a high growth environment. You are adaptable and have a strong appetite in learning things and applying new knowledge
- An investigator. You enjoy navigating complex topics, thrive on problem solving and can effectively communicate accounting concepts to various stakeholders
- A team player. You enjoy collaborating and rallying the team towards achieving its goals and always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good
- A collaborator. You will work closely with the Sydney Head Office Finance team, as well as collaborating with our local finance teams in various jurisdictions.
We would love if you had:
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting in either a professional services environment or in-house role with audit and financial reporting exposure
- Practical experience supporting multiple clients, jurisdictions and regulations including IFRS and GAAPCA qualified or equivalent qualification
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Professional experience in a similar industry or high growth company
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.